• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

TCDL IS IN FULL SWING!

A

Arizonatexan

imported post

[align=center]
attachment.php
[/align]
[align=left]The Texas Citizens Defense League is getting off to a great start! I have had contact with hundreds of interested people. I attempted to privately email as many of the Texans on this forum as I could identify. If I missed anyone - please excuse me. Since not everyone identifies the state they are from on the forum it makes it difficult. I'm requesting that all of my fellow Texans on this forum send me their email address so I can send you additional information and get you signed up in the TCDL member data base. No offense to the OpenCarryadministrators - but the forum messaging system is too limited to adequately share all of the needed information.

The invitation is also open to anyone from any state in the union that has friends or relatives in Texas who you think might join us.

If you are not comfortable contacting others - please give me their email addresses and I will be happy to send them an invitation to join our cause.

You can contact TCDL at:
tcdl@frontiernet.net

Thank you for your continued support.

Arizona-Texan

[/align]

Attachments

• TCDL Logo small.jpg
    TCDL Logo small.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 210

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Congratulations and the best of luck. I have some very good expectations of what can happen in a state like Texas. I hope we'll see the day when most states have CDL's. They will be a power to be dealt with!

VApatriot

imported post

What would really be nice would be a time when the government respected all of our God-given rights and we didn't need any organization to fight for liberty. However, I know that utopias are only wishful thinking, and to preserve freedom we will have to fight for ituntil our dying days.

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Arizona-Texan, may I suggest you post something about TCDL on Packing.org? I'm sure there are plenty of Texans who read it, and who might be interested in joining TCDL.

A

Arizonatexan

imported post

[align=center]
attachment.php
[/align]

[align=left]Tex1N and Dutch - Thanks a lot! This is exactly the kind of help we need to get the word out! I will definitely follow-up on both leads. [/align]

[align=left]Thanks also for all the responses I received. A GREAT BIG TEXAS WELCOME to all the new members of TCDL! [/align]

[align=left]Please keep the ideas and responses coming![/align]

[align=left]Arizona-Texan[/align]

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

I'm in, ready to be a reliable foot soldier for TCDL!

I still own a single family home on a big corner lot in TX from my military days - am happy to see this get going!

TC-TX

imported post

TEX1N wrote:
Arizonatexan, thanks for adding me to the list. It looks like you are getting off to a good start. I found this Texas CHL forum and thought you might want to take a look at it:

http://www.texaschlforum.com

You may be able to recruit some more people from there.

I am talking to Bumper now about getting some assistance...

Great guy Bumper!

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Here are some early thoughts on positions for TCDL to consider as a starting agenda:

State Level:
1. Open Carry legalization.
2. Become a shall accept permit state.
3. Liberalize TX permit application process, i.e., eliminate fingerprinting, make permits lifetime, etc.

Federal Level:
1. Ask TX Congressional delegation to sign on as co-sponsors to the Sportsmens' Privacy Protection Act (SPPA)(S. 2249 and H.R. 4144)to eliminate the mandate on states to collects SSNs in hunting, fishing, and other recreational licensing processes).
2. Contact VCDL and add your org to the list of groups supporting Petition for Rulemaking to repeal the National Park Gun Ban and adopt the proven National Forest Service rule to simply assimilate state gun laws in National Parks.