• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How Did People Choose their OCDO Handles?

XD Owner

imported post

Mythinking cap must have beenset to "unimaginative mode" when the website asked for a name. Guess what make/model of gun I own and open carry?

Yup, a Springfield Armory XD.

I also own a Colt SAA, but I don't take it outside of the house much except for some practice shooting now and then.

tattedupboy

imported post

If you can't figure out how I came up with mine, I'll give you a hint and let you know also that it isn't because of the kind of gun I own or what my name is. I have spent over $3,000 on body work (hence the name Tattedupboy).

zoom6zoom

imported post

Mine probably tells you how I get around... probably should have come up with something new, but it's just easier to use the same one on most of the boards I frequent...

molonlabetn

imported post

I started this handle on packing.org, and have used it on every other gun board I've joined. I didn't rack my brain for the name "molonlabetn" (which equates to: "come and get them, in TN"), it just seemed like a good flavor for me when I put that infamous phrase together with the abbreviation of my current state of residence... It stuck. But it certainly didn't take much creativity...

molonlabetn

TrueBrit

imported post

I chose mine because my mindset and character resemble those of the REAL Brits of yesteryear.I guess I am a bit of a dinosaur , really! Blame it on my upbringing.

No matter. I get on pretty well with the Kentucky folks, who are, very often,descended fromBrits like me anyway!

Also, I suppose it is a play on words of the True Grit movie immortalised by The Duke!

TrueBrit.

coltcarrier

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I believe a majority of us appear to be unimaginative. But on the flip side you don't need degrees in psycology and abstract art to figure out what they mean. it's also nice to be able kinda pronounce it for when we hit meet-ups. Imagine if I used wtshtfirfmc (when the s**t hits the fan I reach for my colt).

it would be a pain to type all the time and goofy to try to pronounce.

there are bennefits to being plain and unimaginative.

VApatriot

imported post

BTW,

This is a question for our admin. Is there any way that this thread can be moved to one of the Open Carry Brigade sections? I personally find this to be a worthwhile topic, and I wouldn't want anyone to be discouraged from adding to it just because it is in the Virginia section.

It might give people the idea that this forum isrun and dominated by Virginians.:lol:

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

A dutch uncle is someone who gives stern, but well-meaning advice. I'm kind of like that, I guess. I also have a Dutch last name.

D

Desertdoc

imported post

I have this ever since i was sitting in Iraq as a medic with the Marine Corps. Just kinda stuck on the computer when i came home to the states.

Bubba Ron

imported post

I got mine from racing dirt bikes, the regular racing was in the afternoon - but the little ones (3 or 4 years old and up) raced in the morning. I was the course marshall for the little ones (Horizon Riders) and they needed something to call me - Bubba Ron it was.

parashoot man

imported post

jimwyant wrote:
I have the same "unimaginative" problem. Not difficult to figure out how I came up with mine.

Same on this end. I carry a Para 1445 Limited Additionwith the Power Extractor.

Sometimes I might carry my 4" XD 45.

I got so good at using it since my 4 day Defensive Handgun class at Frontsight, it just feels like part of me.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Guess what Mom named me?

Well, really she didn't, but she's the only one who's allowed to use my full name :D

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

(Okay, where's the "delete" button for those of us who click too fast?)