• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How Did People Choose their OCDO Handles?

XD Owner

imported post

Opie, Welcome! I am flattered at how many people have responded to my question. This is a great on-line community!

Best regards,
XD Owner

jimwyant

imported post

novaccw wrote:
jimmywyant...just to set the record straight...I am not a northern Virginian ( I just live here). I am a Western Pennsylvanian (near Pittsburgh). I drive south as often as possible to fish and scout bowhunting areas.I am the only person that I have ever seen around here (NOVA) wearing mossy oak camo pants, knee-high rubber boots, and a gun on my hip...in the grocery store!! The only holiday I am taking time off for this year is the opening day of rifle season in PA. I would put the shade of red on my neck against anyone in this fine state (and most of it is truly a fine place)...and I say that proudly.
I know this is a late post and off thread, but I wanted to make sure everyone understood that my original "redneck" post was meant to be humorous. I am proud to be a redneck, (yes, it is possible to be a redneck and drive a BMW), but am equally proud to call all gun totin' folks (criminals exculded, of course) my brothers in arms, regardless of their background or domicile. I just returned from the Peoples Republik of Kalifornia, and must say that I have never felt more naked or vulnerable than I did during the past week. Thank God I'm back in the land of freedom!!

TEX1N

imported post

zoom6zoom wrote:
It might give people the idea that this forum is run and dominated by Virginians
I'm not sure who runs it... but is sure is overrun with Virginians!
John Pierce runs OCDO, and he lives in Bristol, VA. There are also a lot of VCDL members on this forum, I think that adds to the number of Virginians on OCDO (or in my case, Texans living in VA ;)).

Vincent

imported post

It's my fathers' middle name. Hegave me my first gun when I was 12 yrs. old, A Daisy Red Rider, to the chagrin of my mom.Heset up a target inour basement and taught me proper gun handling in a very safe way. Funny, he diedback in1982 and I still haven't completely gotten over it. Guess people just mourn their loss in different ways.

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
imported post

cs9c1 wrote:
TEX1N wrote:
ConditionThree wrote:
Plus, BarneyFife would mean that there's a round in your pocket, until you are ready to shoot!
Only one round now!

If youre aim is straight enough, one round is all you need.

Incidentally, that sounds like another good handle... Of course there'sa fellow on another board I frequent, who's taken this accuracy tack, taking the name 1inchgrp.

DeerForce1

imported post

I named myself after my truck. We were sitting around 1 evening after deer hunting all day & started talking about trucks. One of the guys noticed the way my BroncoII was set up for hunting with the rear seats folded down, a platform in the back to hide gun & bow cases under, the way the coolers fit in the back, the hitch haul rack i built & stuff like that. Someone said it was the Airforce 1 of deer hunting & someone else said that made it "DeerForce1". The name stuck to the truck from there on out & i just adopted it for use on any of the web sites i go too.

If you see a DeerForce1 some where else it's me.

Jim certainlyi took no offence to the redneck comment after all my picture should be next to the word redneck in the dictionary. I do have to say that you do lose a few redneck points driving a BMW:D.....................................................DF1

357luvr

imported post

I used to be a big pothead so most of my other screen names have 420 in them. For those of you who don't know, 420 is like the magic number for potheads. Don't ask me to explain it because I don't know why that is. Anyway, I've given up drugs for good (yay for me) and gotten back into guns. I love the 357 magnum and the 357 Sig calibers so it was an easy choice for me.

Please don't judge me about being an ex-pothead. I made a mistake in my past, as all of us musthave, and am now doing everything I can to be a responsible and active member of society. I'm tempted to not even post this but I think you guys (and gals) are a more accepting bunch of people who won't hold this over me. Please don't disappoint me.

ProguninTN

imported post

That is good that you're clean now. I have never shot a .357 SIG, so I can't say much there. However, I can share your appreciation for the .357 Magnum. :)

ProguninTN

IanB

imported post

A girl I was dating brought up the idea of streaking through the neighborhood (yes, we were drunk) after seeing a movie (Old School, Will Ferrell) and started thinking about what could be more embarrassing. I replied shoplifting while naked. The name stuck.

72Malibu

imported post

Mine's one that I used just about everywhere online as a handle, or a variation thereof (talk about a trail huh?).

Mine was originally inspired by my 1972 Chevelle Malibu that I got when I was 15 that's still a work in progress. Work, no garage, house and family get in the way of me finishing it, or getting it close to where I want it to be.

sitedzn

imported post

72Malibu wrote:
Mine's one that I used just about everywhere online as a handle, or a variation thereof (talk about a trail huh?).

Mine was originally inspired by my 1972 Chevelle Malibu that I got when I was 15 that's still a work in progress. Work, no garage, house and family get in the way of me finishing it, or getting it close to where I want it to be.

i can make room in my garage for you - if you let me take it out too:D. my dad had one back then too - 3 speed in the column, candy apple red. sweet ride!

oh, and my handle comes from my profession - civil engineer pm (site design).

vt357

imported post

I also use my SN on multiple forums. I went to Virginia Tech hence the VT (not for Vermont) and my first carry gun was a S&W 357 magnum.

sitedzn

imported post

vt357 wrote:
I also use my SN on multiple forums. I went to Virginia Tech hence the VT (not for Vermont) and my first carry gun was a S&W 357 magnum.
i've seen a few folks on here from VT - maybe we should have a VT OC tailgate this fall!

swatpro911

imported post

XD Owner wrote:
Mythinking cap must have beenset to "unimaginative mode" when the website asked for a name. Guess what make/model of gun I own and open carry?

Yup, a Springfield Armory XD.

I also own a Colt SAA, but I don't take it outside of the house much except for some practice shooting now and then.
Hows your XD in performance is it comparable to GLock? I am trying to go get a sig i heard its top of the line than any other guns except HK?