Thread: holster mount

Post imported post

This doesn't exactly pertain to OCing so feel free to delete this post if you see fit.

Has anyone seen those holster mounting systems that allow you to attach a holstered weapon to the console of a car or a bed or whatever else you want to mount a weapon to? I looked through all my old gun magazines and can't find an ad for it anywhere. I was interested in who makes them and how much they cost. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks.

Post imported post

I don't know if this is what you are thinking but I know Fobus has one.

Fobus Home and Vehicle Mount
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

Post imported post

does anyone know of something that allows you to mount any holster you want. I've had a very bad experience with fobus holsters and refuse to buy another holster from them.

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

357luvr wrote:
    This doesn't exactly pertain to OCing so feel free to delete this post if you see fit.

Has anyone seen those holster mounting systems that allow you to attach a holstered weapon to the console of a car or a bed or whatever else you want to mount a weapon to? I looked through all my old gun magazines and can't find an ad for it anywhere. I was interested in who makes them and how much they cost. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks.
    I think this does apply to open carry - many people open carry in vehicles, sometimes required by law (i.e., Wisconsin and Ohio).

In Wisconsin an appeals court ruled that a handgun lieing on the passenger seat was "concealed" for pursposes of Wisconsin's statute, and Ohio's concealed carry statute requires open carry in vehicles.

Do you think any of these mounting devices could be used to satisfy either Ohio or Wisconsin's vehicle open carry requirements?

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

another one that I have run across is http://www.sshmi.com/. It looks like it could be pretty versitile. I haven't read wisconsin's carry laws yet, but have been looking at Ohio. I do not believe this would qualify for OH.

OH requires that the weapon be in plain sight and either in a holster on your body or locked box in plain sight. I don't think they would like a mounted holster.