• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

trigger safeties.

gunnersmatevls

imported post

Does anyone else hate trigger safeties? I cant stand them, they just royaly mess up the way a trigger is supposed to feel. I own several handguns, none with trigger safeties and have shot several with trigger safeties. I can not stand teh damn trigger safeties and for that reason will never own an xd 9 which so many people are raving about or xd 45 or any other handgun witha trigger safety, give me a good metal trigger.

murphyslaw

State Researcher
imported post

dont notice much diff myself, but i dont carry a pistol with a mechianical safety, to much to think about when your drawing down on a suspect.

TrueBrit

imported post

Being the traditionalist that I am, I prefer revolvers to semi-autos anyway, and am not over-keen on all of these bells and whistles "safety devices"that one increasingly finds on the newer semi autos.They are fine in the hands of experienced folks, but I feel that there is a danger of less seasoned packers relying too much on such devices, and forgetting that the best safety device lies between ones ears!

Keep your booger digger OFF the bang switch until ready to let rip is a good maxim to live by!It's all the safety catch that I need with a wheelgun!

TrueBrit.

357luvr

imported post

My finger is the only safety I ever need or use. I too hate safeties with a passion. Just keep your finger off the trigger until you're ready to fire and you'll be alright.

molonlabetn

imported post

I've owned 2 XDs, and when shooting themhave never noticed, or been bothered by, the trigger-block levers in the triggers. I agree that they are stupid and useless contraptions, but they haven't given me any problems. I choose to not buy GLOCKs for other, more relevant reasons.

If you don't like them, there are plenty of other choices!

molonlabetn

murphyslaw

State Researcher
imported post

went hunting for grouse today and because of mechanical safetys i missed a shot came up with the shotie tryed pulling the trigger and nothing happened clickd off the safety and then it was gone.

I HATE STANDARD SAFETYS!!

gsh341

imported post

I carry a XD-40 Service and I don't even notice the grip or trigger safeties. The idea behind the trigger safety is so accidental contact with something other than a fingerwon't discharge the weapon. The grip safety is so that a proper grip is required for the weapon to discharge. Good ideas to me. But that's my opinion.

By the way, XDs have a metal trigger. The trigger safety is plastic though.

cs9c1

imported post

norahc wrote:
I don't notice them on my Glocks either, but then again, I'm a big fan of the only safety you need is between your ears.
Ha ha, its funny to hear you say that. While in Iraq, I would tell my soldiers that "the best and most secure safety was their trigger finger. Keep it off the trigger until you want it to go bang".