Thread: Bristol TN gun ban?

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

See http://www.wcyb.tv/newsread.asp?newsid=7406

Anybody up to speed on this? Seems to me that TN has preempted localities since 1986 - that was 20 years ago!

We may need to organize a trip to bristol, TN!

Post imported post

I work in Bristol and the city hall, police, and city court are in the same building. So you cant go in there any way. I belive all goverment buildings in TN are off limits. I will check it and see.

Post imported post

ChadW wrote:
    I work in Bristol and the city hall, police, and city court are in the same building. So you cant go in there any way. I belive all goverment buildings in TN are off limits. I will check it and see.
    Chad,

You are correct. They are not automatically off limits, but localitites are allowed to post them as off limits if they so choose.

John

Post imported post

Any private organization or individual can prohibit specific voluntary actions on their property. They cannot prohibit people based on aninvoluntary condition.

Carrying a gun is a voluntary action, which is trumped by the authority of a property-owner on their premises.

However, the government (local, state, and federal) frequently takes upon itself to restrict us lowly serfs' actions in their presence, so that they can maintain ultimatecontrol. It seems to me that they have forgotten who they work for, and who REALLY owns those buildings...

What part of "shall not be infringed" do they misunderstand?

molonlabetn

Post imported post

"They are not automatically off limits, but localitites are allowed to post them as off limits if they so choose. "

jpierce has the right idea. I worked in downtown Nashville and saw many Metro and State Gov't buildings which were posted. molonlabetn is correct that they have forgotten that they work for us.

ProguninTN