• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bristol TN gun ban?

ChadW

imported post

I work in Bristol and the city hall, police, and city court are in the same building. So you cant go in there any way. I belive all goverment buildings in TN are off limits. I will check it and see.

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
imported post

ChadW wrote:
I work in Bristol and the city hall, police, and city court are in the same building. So you cant go in there any way. I belive all goverment buildings in TN are off limits. I will check it and see.
Chad,

You are correct. They are not automatically off limits, but localitites are allowed to post them as off limits if they so choose.

John

molonlabetn

imported post

Any private organization or individual can prohibit specific voluntary actions on their property. They cannot prohibit people based on aninvoluntary condition.

Carrying a gun is a voluntary action, which is trumped by the authority of a property-owner on their premises.

However, the government (local, state, and federal) frequently takes upon itself to restrict us lowly serfs' actions in their presence, so that they can maintain ultimatecontrol. It seems to me that they have forgotten who they work for, and who REALLY owns those buildings...

What part of "shall not be infringed" do they misunderstand?

molonlabetn

ProguninTN

imported post

"They are not automatically off limits, but localitites are allowed to post them as off limits if they so choose. "

jpierce has the right idea. I worked in downtown Nashville and saw many Metro and State Gov't buildings which were posted. molonlabetn is correct that they have forgotten that they work for us.

ProguninTN