• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Have or do you open carry in this great state?

lockman

State Researcher
imported post

I have oc'd in Vilas county about 3 or 4 times a year for the past 26 years. It is a more remote area and my carry has been limited to walks through woods, national forests and down some state, county and private roads. Only once have I even been asked about my OC. I have never carried into town mainly due to the legal questions posed on this forum. The transition from vehicle to OC and school zones. I have never been hassled. I don't even know if an LEO has ever seen my OC.

Malum Prohibitum

imported post

lockman wrote:
I have oc'd in Vilas county about 3 or 4 times a year for the past 26 years. It is a more remote area and my carry has been limited to walks through woods, national forests and down some state, county and private roads.

So, of all this visitors of this open carry site, this is it? One guy, and then only a few times a year, where nobody is looking?

Nobody else? :(

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

I briefly OC'ed on the Main Street of Deerfield yesterday. Got one long look from a passerby in a car, that was it.

wadwizard

imported post

For the last 45 years. I , for the last several years, I have carried my .22 Taurus 94 holstered on my hip whenever I hunt any game animal and usually when I spend time at my cabin/land in Richland County. Does that count? If I need to pack otherwise, no one knows and I never had a problem.

sjhipple

imported post

wadwizard wrote:
For the last 45 years. I , for the last several years, I have carried my .22 Taurus 94 holstered on my hip whenever I hunt any game animal and usually when I spend time at my cabin/land in Richland County. Does that count? If I need to pack otherwise, no one knows and I never had a problem.

You peeps need to stop being so timid. Exercising your rights means doing it all the time (although I'd recommend doing it within the law and not going to areas that are off-limits). If you need some inspiration, have a look at the Virginia forums.

I'd recommend getting a digital voice recorder, learn how to file a FOIA, and be ready to fight for your rights. It's fun - trust me :cool:

lockman

State Researcher
imported post

Did they give you candy, I am sure they mistook you for a trick or treater! Are you sure you did not have a lone ranger mask or a Sheriff Woody's star?

:celebrate:monkey

Your the :dude:!