• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

pictures or descriptions of your carry gear.

gunnersmatevls

imported post

hey all i just want a list or pictures of what you normally carry.

For me its;

RIA 1911 .45 in a kydex paddle extra 8 shot mag

Taurus 605 .357 magnum 5 shot in an uncle mikes

Kershaw assisted opening knife w/ 3" blade

and im looking for a good compact flashlight, any suggestions?

norahc

imported post

As far as pictures go, not a chance...I like to keep my suprises a suprise.

As far as the list goes, it varies (and I'm not going to list everything I carry for the same reason listed above)

Glock 23 and/or Glock 30, minimum one spare mag for each
S&W Tactical Folding Knife
Various other goodies, depending upon what I'm doing, how I'm dressed, and where I'm going.

gsh341

imported post

I am in a car or sitting most of the day so a standard strong-side holster is impractical and uncomfortable. For the times that I am out of the vehicle, I prefer to reduce the chances of someone walking up behind me and grabbing for my weapon. Also, if someone does make a grab for my weapon, I prefer to retain myweapon with my weak hand and fight back withmy strong hand.Add all that together and I feel a cross-draw is the best option. I had my holster and mag pouchcustom made by a local leather shop. I decided to have my mag pouch full depth for more comfort and better retention. Holster retention is very good and adjustable by a tension screw.

untuck my shirt and the whole rig disapears because it is very close to he body.

jimwyant

imported post

I don't have any pictures at the moment, so I'll opt for the list. My primary setup is a Ruger Super Redhawk Alaskan (.454 Casull, 2.5" barrel) in a black Sunrise Leather SL-PRO OWB holster, two speedloaders in a black HKS leather pouch, and a DigiLight 6V light in a nylon belt pouch (I'm looking for a better holder, but for now the factory pouch will have to do). I want to add a knife, but haven't decided on the model yet.

My #2 setup is twin G20's (10mm) in Blackhawk matte black CQC holsters, one on each hip, and a Galco paddle-style dual mag pouch (sometimes), plus the light. I seldom carry this setup, since two guns can freak out the locals.

As for a light, I recommend the Digilight that Dillon carries:

http://dillonprecision.com/template/p.cfm?maj=23&min=2&dyn=1&

See the bottom of the page for the light. Their price is $34.95, and it is a 1000XB, similar to the T6 but is standard xenon, not high pressure. On the DigiLight website, the T6 MSRP is $54.99 - they don't even list the 1000. The Surefire 6P is more popular, and is a fine choice, but I couldn't find one cheaper than $49.99, so I went with the DigiLight, and I haven't been sorry. If you want an even brighter light, DigiLight makes a T9 (175 lumens) or T12 (227 lumens), all well made, very reasonably priced, and tiny for the light they produce.

Cue-Ball

imported post

gsh341 wrote:
I am in a car or sitting most of the day so a standard strong-side holster is impractical and uncomfortable. For the times that I am out of the vehicle, I prefer to reduce the chances of someone walking up behind me and grabbing for my weapon. Also, if someone does make a grab for my weapon, I prefer to retain myweapon with my weak hand and fight back withmy strong hand.Add all that together and I feel a cross-draw is the best option.
I really like your setup. I'm also hoping to find a cross-draw holster for similar reasons.

gsh341

imported post

I had to have mine custom made because I couldn't find one for sale anywhere. A local leather smith should be able to do the job. Mine cost about $120 for both the holster and mag pouch.

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Here my setup:
Glock 23 loaded with a G22 magazine, 15+1 Federal 165gr HST in a DeSantis thumbstrap holster.
Galco gunbelt
DeSantis 2 mag holder 2 G23 mags with same ammo as above.
P3AT loaded with 7+1 Federal .380 Hydrashock in a Wild Bills pocket holster
Surefire G2
ASP Defender
Benchmade Griptillion
Leatherman Wave and Cellphone in a Niteize Pouch.

I'd better not fall out of the boat.

A

Arizonatexan

imported post

[align=center]Colt Government 1911 Model 80 - strong side in a Gould & Goodrich - condition 1. Single mag pouch on left side. [/align]

[align=left]Arizona-Texan[/align]

Attachments

• Gould & Goodrich 1911.jpg
    Gould & Goodrich 1911.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 547

Woody

imported post

belt_magpouch%20%28Large%29.jpg

Wyo45

imported post

I switch off from a AO-1911A1 and a Taurus PT-945 and use just a simple nylon belt loop open type rig and extra mag pouch from Uncle Mike's.

I also carry a couple Cold Steel 4" folders, one in eachpocket. One is a Pro-Lite Tanto and the other a Tanto Recon-1 model.

"RKBA...ALL THINGS CONSIDERED"

longwatch

imported post

Heres a pic of all my stuff, I don't carry all this at once, at least not often.

Attachments

• My Carry Gear2.jpg
    My Carry Gear2.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 287

longwatch

imported post

Its a laminated copy of the letter from the VA ABC board about the legality of OC in restaurants on one side and a copy of a letter confirming the same from the VSP.

longwatch

imported post

The ASP Defender is pretty tough, doesn't leak, holds its charge, and is refillable. It is also usable as a Kubotan or fistload. It just has a lower capacity and the OC is only rated at 2 million SU. I don't suscribe to using it as a key flail, but some do.

longwatch

imported post

Thanks,
From what I've learned from being Boy Scout to a Marine Combat Engineer is that it pays to be ready and chance favors the prepared mind.