• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Shooting Spree at Canadian College, and Hostage Situation at a Chicago Bank

TEX1N

imported post

Let me make my point upfront: gun control does not work! Both Canada and Illinois are VERY anti-gun, yet they are having problems with very serious gun related crime. Gun laws will not keep guns out of the hands of criminals, only the would-be, law-abiding, victims. When you are reading these articles ask yourself what would have happened if the citizens in these situations were allowed to legally defend themselves.

Two gunman went on a shooting-spree on the campus of a Montreal college, wounding at least 10 people:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,213667,00.html

It gives me a sick feeling when I hear about situations like this. I cannot explain my furry at governments that disarm their citizens in the name of “safety.”

My heart and prayers go out to the families of the victims. This is truly a tragedy, and one on many different levels.

Here is the info on the hostage situation at the Chicago bank:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,213661,00.html

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

All that can be gleaned from these situations is that all gun control has done was assure the perpetrators they had little to worry about from their victims.

44Brent

imported post

Let me make my point upfront: gun control does not work!

Sorry, but I have to disagree with you. Gun control DOES work and fulfills its intended purpose. Politicians use "gun control" to keep law abiding citizens dependent on the state for "protection", and to keep citizens from thinking of themselves as being self sufficient.

When a person owns and carries a gun, their way of thinking changes, and not in a way that politicians want them to think.

Anti-gun rights politicians are "dependency pimps".

TrueBrit

imported post

Brent, I could not have expressed it better in a hundred years!

Dependency pimps! LMAO!

How petrified these folks must be,when they know that there are guys like us out there,who KNOW that the people are being sold a pup by the politicians,and are not afraid to take care of themselves!

Makes me want to go out and buy another gun!

TrueBrit.

Smurfologist

Springfield by way of Chicago, Virginia, USA
imported post

44Brent wrote:

Sorry, but I have to disagree with you. Gun control DOES work and fulfills its intended purpose. Politicians use "gun control" to keep law abiding citizens dependent on the state for "protection", and to keep citizens from thinking of themselves as being self sufficient.

When a person owns and carries a gun, their way of thinking changes, and not in a way that politicians want them to think.

Anti-gun rights politicians are "dependency pimps". That's funny as hell!!

2nd Amendment.........Use it..........Or, lose it!!:X

lostone1413

imported post

The story about Chicago can't be true. Don't you know guns are illegal in Chicago???

ProguninTN

imported post

44Brent wrote:

Right they are. They want to keep the peasants disarmed, lest they learn to rebel.

ProguninTN