• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Nonlethal weapons touted for use on citizens

darrel_h

imported post

please take a look at this article: http://msnbc.msn.com/id/14806772/?GT1=8506

something just seems fundamentally wrong with this, or is it just me? they try to take away our fundamental constitutional rights to protect ourselves, but they're willing to induce WWII era Hitler-esque (i believe his scientists were working on things like this for military purposes, please correct me if i'm wrong) devices on us! wow. i'm am officially speechless now.

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
imported post

A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government. -Edward Abbey

If our government is testing Microwave weapons to use against us, perhaps we should be testing EMP weapons to counter thistechnology.

To answer your question; Yes, there is something fundamentally wrong with a government that is seeking to not only disarm the public, but also control it through use of force.

VApatriot

imported post

:shock::shock::shock:

They don't want to use it against people we are at WAR with, but they want use it against me and you because it wouldn't bother the international press!

"An armed man is a citizen.An unarmed man is a subject."

darrel_h

imported post

actually, from the way i read it, they do want to use it against people at war, at least that was it's initial conception was, but they want to "test it" first to make sure it won't cause waves in the international community for harming people too much and being unsafe. so what's their answer? test on your own countrymen first! i'm sure that's exactly what the terrorists would love to see. you know, we have to be careful of their feelings too, we don't want to inadvertantly hurt them. again, all i can say is wow. i'm just glad to know i'm not the only one that sees the shock and awe of this. thanks.

VApatriot

imported post

darrel_h wrote:
actually, from the way i read it, they do want to use it against people at war, at least that was it's initial conception was, but they want to "test it" first to make sure it won't cause waves in the international community for harming people too much and being unsafe. so what's their answer? test on your own countrymen first! i'm sure that's exactly what the terrorists would love to see. you know, we have to be careful of their feelings too, we don't want to inadvertantly hurt them. again, all i can say is wow. i'm just glad to know i'm not the only one that sees the shock and awe of this. thanks.
Iread it that way too. I just didn't make it exactly clear in my OP.