• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

VCDL Meeting on 9/21

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Still uncertain. It's "back to school" night.

This would be so much easier if I could go to the school from 6-6:30, then to the meeting. But I don't want to commit a felony in the process.

Yeah, I know. Gun in the car. To be safe, park on the street instead of on their property.

I'm thinking, depending on my mood, just wear an empty holster in to the school?

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

I have worn empty gun holster in a FFX Cty school before - no problems even with police looking right at me as I got up to speak at a meeting.

MAKE SURE the gun is unloaded and locked in trunk, or in a case inside the vehcile BEFORE you drive onto the school grounds.

Let's make this HOLSTER DAY at back to school night before the VCDL meeting!

TEX1N

imported post

Mike wrote:
MAKE SURE the gun is unloaded and locked in trunk, or in a case inside the vehcile BEFORE you drive onto the school grounds.
Does VA law define unloaded? Is condition three considered unloaded in VA? (Full magazine in the handgun with an empty chamber; aka Israeli carry.)

TEX1N

imported post

The code you are looking for is §18.2-308.1

The provisions of this section shall not apply to…(vi) a person who possesses an unloaded firearm that is in a closed container, or a knife having a metal blade, in or upon a motor vehicle, or an unloaded shotgun or rifle in a firearms rack in or upon a motor vehicle; or (vii) a person who has a valid concealed handgun permit and possesses a concealed handgun while in a motor vehicle in a parking lot, traffic circle, or other means of vehicular ingress or egress to the school. For the purposes of this paragraph, "weapon" includes a knife having a metal blade of three inches or longer and "closed container" includes a locked vehicle trunk.
I hope that helps.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I know it's been addressed, but we drive SUVs without locking trunks. Locked in a case in the back okay?