Thread: TEXAS CITIZENS DEFENSE LEAGUE WEBSITE NOW UP!

Arizonatexan

Post imported post

The Texas Citizens Defense League website is now up and running! Some parts are still under construction and will be completed soon. Anyone interested in joining can now complete and submit the Membership Registration Form online. If you previously joined by email there is no need to complete the online form. The response to TCDL has been outstanding! We have over 260 members and three regional directors! New members are joining everyday! Please continue to spread the word! We also have a special Members website page.Many members havepersonal websites andwe would like to postyour link. Please send usyour URL.Come check us out! If youexperience any problems with the website or have any comments or suggestions please let us know. If you have not joined TCDL, JOIN TODAY!! There is still no membership fee. Come be a part of the quest for Open Carry in Texas.We can do this if we will all work together!

Thank youfor your support!

Gary Williams (AKA: Arizona-Texan)

President, TCDL

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

great web site! Keep up the good work.

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

21 September 2007

OpenCarry.org press release - Texas group formed to push for open carry reform

The Texas Citizens Defense League is now up and running - see http://www.TXCDL.org.

TCDL Mission: The group's mission is to reform Texas' firearm laws to de-criminalize the open carry of handguns in Texas.

The operational status of TCDL comes only days after the Utah Supreme Court held that state law precludes colleges from banning gun carry (including open carry of handguns), on campus, even by students.

NOTE: Technically, the open carry of handguns is not unlawful in Texas "when traveling," but this defense also works for "conceal" carry without a license so as a practical matter, Texans and visitors simply conceal carry "when traveling," particularly since recent changes to Texas' traveling defense for unlicensed handgun carriage was reformed to include a presumption that all concealed handguns in vehicles were carried pursuant to the traveling exception.

Analysis: 43 states do not criminalize the open carry of handguns (well, actually 44 if you count Illinois which does not ban open carry when outside an incorporated city or town). And only 31 of these 44 "open carry states" require any license to open carry!

Conclusion: One of the oddist quirks of state firearms laws is that of the remaining 6 states which criminalize virtually all citizen open carry, only one state is politically considered "anti-gun" - New York. Here are the so called 5"pro-gun" states which now ban open carry and beg for reform groups (like TCDL) to stand upin their states: Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, South Carolina, and Florida. Who will stand up?

######################
    Mike Stollenwerk/John Pierce
    http://www.OpenCarry.org
    (703) XXX-XXXX
    ######################

Post imported post

Nice! How is the recruitment coming along?

Arizonatexan

Post imported post

Hello TEX1N! Recruitment is great! On the average we get between 6-10 new memberseach day! Sometimes its almost more thanI can keep up with! A few days before the website went up new memberships had slumped a little. But that was OK because I needed time to catch up. Now they are picking up again. Hey - putting up a website ain't easy! My wife (and honorary TCDL Secretary and Web-mistress) worked and worked to get it just right. It seemed like every time she was ready to upload something - the computer or Internet had a different idea!Or - I'd change horses on her in the middle of the stream (she's a very patient woman)! We're working on getting the rest of the pages up now.

Thank you to all of you for your encouragement and passing the word along.

Arizona-Texan

I am assuming this website is no longer online as I tried to go to it and found some wierd japanese website that looked like it was selling babies...

Yepper, baby and some Asian language text.

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Yepper, baby and some Asian language text.
    Oops. Didn't notice the year of posting for these posts. Never mind.

]
    Conclusion: One of the oddist quirks of state firearms laws is that of the remaining 6 states which criminalize virtually all citizen open carry, only one state is politically considered "anti-gun" - New York. Here are the so called 5"pro-gun" states which now ban open carry and beg for reform groups (like TCDL) to stand upin their states: Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, South Carolina, and Florida. Who will stand up?
    Oklahoma has open carry and Arkansas still arguing over if they do or don't ,but cali doesn't have oc anymore
    Our ancesters, veterens, and people of the service gave and are giving their time and sacrifice to preserve and defend our rights . it''s up to us the people to show appreciation by not sacrificing but investing time to exercise and preserve those rights.......the bushwacker...

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    great web site! Keep up the good work.
    I click on hyperlink and it sends me to some Chinese baby page
    Our ancesters, veterens, and people of the service gave and are giving their time and sacrifice to preserve and defend our rights . it''s up to us the people to show appreciation by not sacrificing but investing time to exercise and preserve those rights.......the bushwacker...

Looks like they folded. Did a bing search and nothing new.
    Pres. Florida Parishes Chapter of LOCAL www.laopencarry.org

.308 Isn't an area code, but it can still make long distance calls.
    How may I help you? Press '1' for English. Press '2' to disconnect until you learn to speak English.

Wolf

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bushwacker View Post
    I click on hyperlink and it sends me to some Chinese baby page
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgang1952 View Post
    Looks like they folded. Did a bing search and nothing new.
    Got the same thing when I searched the Lone Star Citizens Defense League.
    http://www.lonestarcdl.org/

Gun Organizations of Interest to Texas Gun Owners
    http://www.burger.com/gungroup.htm
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 03-06-2014 at 11:19 PM.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.