• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

hume "agent"

murphyslaw

State Researcher
imported post

does anyone here have one or had one or know someone that does? Have been looking at them and some similar ones like it. really like the way it looks but as always hard to throw down 50bucks for something and hope it works. spent all day calling every gun shop in town and no one has them.

pro's?

con's?

the one im looking at is the the one with the retaining strap(think is like a 711) not the open top(not sure what the number is)

molonlabetn

imported post

The 711 Agent (Open-Top or Standard) is a step-up from the 721-series. http://www.donhume.com/products/ProductsPage.cfm?ProductID=59

The 721 (which I have a couple of), is a pancake holster with molding on both sides (next-to the body and outside). The 711 has a flat surface next to the body, and all of the molding is on the outside. This makes the 711 slightly more comfortable and wears tighter to the body. The 711 also has a double-reinforced opening.

I wish that I had gotten a 711OT instead of a 721OTfor my 5" XD, but the 721OT works great for my Sig 239.

One suggestion:

Get a matching belt from them when you order! Makes a great set...

It takes them 2-6 weeks to ship, usually. Their service is great, though, I've dealt mostly with Janelle and she stays on top of it.

molonlabetn

Woody

imported post

I had gotten an agent 711 a while back, but returned it. Was way too tight. I thought i was going to have to cut it up to get the gun back out. I didn't see any amount of break-in fixing that, so i sent it back.

livitup

imported post

Assuming that it's not so tight I need to return it, is the 711 open top molded enough to provide sufficient retention? I'm not talking about Bob Crackhead from disarming me, but enough to keep it put during normal or moderatley strenious activity? I need some good leather for my G23... :)

molonlabetn

imported post

Mine were all very tight at first, but once broken in fit PERFECTLY. I have no problems running, jumping up and down,or evenstanding on my head wearing them. And again ONCE BROKEN IN (there is another thread on this), they are quite smooth to draw from (I prefer it over any Kydex holster exceptthe Blackhawk SERPA).

molonlabetn

murphyslaw

State Researcher
imported post

ok I feel its time for an update.

I DID get a Hume agent holster in black with the thumb strap.

When I first receaved it it would not snap over my xd45acp. So I loaded it up with weight and hung it by the end of the strap in the bathroom(to absorb moisture form my long arse showers) and after two days it was good and streached and I was able to snap it with a few choice words. left it for another day(with the gun in and snaped) and now its nice and easy to snap and fits great.

Its also good and comfy. I wore it the first day a few weeks ago and that day I took a 15hr drive. and was pleased that it didnt "bite" me at all.

it is a little stiff bit then again I havnt had it very long. tho I havent taken it out much since I started using it it seems to have loosedned up since I have been wearing it about 10hrs a day, for the last two weeks.

It is nice and snug and sits high enought that I;m happy.

and it covers easily with a light sweatshirt or jacket(since its been in the negatives the last few weeks I have been wearing lots of coats and sweaters).