• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A New OCDO Milestone

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
imported post

VApatriot wrote:
I think that a number like 500 is worth noting.

A big OCDO welcome to all the new members out there!:lol:
A truly great milestone!

Mike and I were hoping that we would make 500 before we went to GRPC over the weekend, but we didn't make it in time :)

We will both be posting after-action reports of the GRPC OpenCarry.Org reception and our interaction with the staff in the next few days.

Thanks again to all who came out! See you in Kentucky next year!

TrueBrit

imported post

jpierce wrote:
VApatriot wrote:

A truly great milestone!

Mike and I were hoping that we would make 500 before we went to GRPC over the weekend, but we didn't make it in time :)

We will both be posting after-action reports of the GRPC OpenCarry.Org reception and our interaction with the staff in the next few days.

Whereabouts in Kentucky, Sir?

TrueBrit

imported post

jpierce wrote:
VApatriot wrote:

A truly great milestone!

Many congratulations on your "monkey", Sir!

Not only is he the OCDO symbol, but a monkey is five hundred pounds in Brit horse-betting slang!

Where in KY is the next GRPC being held? I would love to attend, and learn some good stuff!

TrueBrit.

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
imported post

It is going to be somewhere near the Cincinnati airport (which is actually on the Kentucky side of the border).

I don't know about the specific venue yet, but I will post it when I find out.

We have a year to get ready. As you will see when I post my after-action report on the conference, we have a lot to do to convince the "main stream" gun-rights community to protect open carry rights.

The sight of dozens of us, wearing OpenCarry.Org shirts and exercising our rights in the great Commonwealth of Kentucky would go a long way toward achieving that goal. We need everyone who can make make it to plan on attending next year!