An ATV may make a direct crossing of a street or two-lane highway
• The crossing is made at an angle of approximately 90 degrees to
the direction of the highway, and at a place where no obstruction
prevents a quick and safe crossing;
• The ATV is brought to a complete stop before crossing the
shoulder or highway;
• The driver yields the right-of-way to all oncoming traffic that
constitutes an immediate hazard.
• In crossing a divided highway, the crossing is made only at an
intersection of such highway with another public street or
• Driver must be at least 16 years of age unless he has a safety
certificate and is under the direct supervision of a person at least
18 years of age.