Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1st OCDO Postal Match

Founder's Club Member - Moderator longwatch's Avatar

Post imported post

Rules: This competition works on the honor system so if you cheat you are only cheating yourself. As the only prize is bragging rights there is no point in cheating anyhow and I trust no one will.

Target: Competitors will use the target found here http://www.targetz.com/targetz-lib/20027.pdf .

Weapons: Any centerfire or rimfire handgun that you use as a carry gun.

Ammunition: Your carry ammunition. If you use WWB so be it, but if you carry Hydrashocks use that, think of it as an excuse to rotate your ammo out. 15 rounds will be allowed per target.

Range: Targets will be placed at 7 yards, and indoor/outdoor, public or private ranges are acceptable.

Positions: Any standing position, no rests, supports or slings are allowed.

Scoring: The target has 15 lightbulbs on it. 1 point will be awarded per lightbulb hit. Each lightbulb may be hit only once, multiple hits will only count once. A hit is defined as inside of or breaking the black lines. More than 15 shots on a target will void that target. Tiebreaking will be done by counting filaments broken in the center of the bulbs.

Posting targets: Competitors may enter multiple targets but only one per weapon. You may enter a target for you SIG, one for your Model 29 etc. You must sign your target (OCDO handle) and fill out the data in the box on the target. For powder load put in your pistol type, under bullet gr. put brand and bullet type. Use the bottom line if you need more room. Scans of targets must be sent to the following email address: ocdo_postal_match@yahoo.com . Scores will be published on the 6th of October.

Any questions? Your time starts now.

Post imported post

What about alternate means of sending the target in? A lot of people don't have scanners. Photo with a digital camera?
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

Post imported post

Digital photos are fine as long as they a legible enough.

State Researcher

Post imported post

Lets GET IT ON!!!!!!!!

was planning on going shooting this weekend anyhow guess i have another excuse.

YYEEEEEEE HAWWWW

Post imported post

Any chance we would use ammo that is not our carry ammo? I'm running low on my carry ammo, and I have to wait until the next gun show to load up.

Post imported post

Well since this is for fun, I'll make an exception here. Anyone can use any ammo they choose but if you use your carry ammo (that you have stated that you use elsewhere on this forum) you will get 1 extra point in the event of a tiebreaker.

Post imported post

Anybody try to send targets in yet? I haven't recieved any if you have.

State Researcher

Post imported post

Damn, Can I get an extention? I got caught up in some family business(dad had knee surgery) and havnt had the chance to hit a range. DAMN IT BOY!!!!!!!!

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

I'm gonna try and get back to Gilbert's today. (Ernie will wonder - 2 days in a row). I was going Tues 10/3, had the targets and all. Got stopped going out the door to work late, got PO'd & threw the targets in the trash with lots of swearing. Wed 10/4 was much better. Left work with my gear, got to Gilberts, no targets. They were headed to the recycling center. Since you all from NOVA know what 395/95 is like in the afternoon (more ) I'll do the best to keep my word. I wish I had the targets with me on Wed. I was hitting wherever I aimed!

Post imported post

I've been sick since this past weekend thru today, I haven't gone anywhere... I know it will be last minute but I will attempt to make it to the range tonight or tomorrow night and scan them in to you before weekend. I will probably just use one of my carry guns though...

molonlabetn

Post imported post

I'm extending the deadline to noon Tuesday, looks like a lot of people forgot.

Post imported post

Well no one posted any targets so there is no winner.

Post imported post

Wow, what underwhelming participation!

I have to admit some responsibility myself, I was very excited about this and just totally lacked time to get out and shoot.

I would suggest trying again, but I doubt the results would be much more exciting. Perhaps one of the NOVA GTGs could start out at Gilbert or something and we could do a mini-competition as a pre-dinner event?

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

longwatch wrote:
    Well no one posted any targets so there is no winner.
    I have to say I'm disappointed. But I couldn't get time to get to the range either.

I'll participate in the next one if I have to bury the gun somewhere and dig it up and shoot on my lunch hour (well, okay, not quite, but I *will* find time).
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Post imported post

Yeah I was surprised after the enthusiasm shown toward the idea. I still think it can work.

State Researcher

Post imported post

I really had every intention on partisipating in this I really really did. Out of know where dad had to have surgery so i have been looking after him for the last week. and have had vehicle issues. We should set it for the end of the month, I will go out of my way to get it done I PROMISE.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Hey, Longwatch. I went to Gilbert's on 10/17 - Tuesday - and shot the heck out of the Lightbulb Targets (hoo-ray for workplace copiers:P). While I feel that I'm above average on silhouettes and Bulls-Eyes, those little @#%$&! were tough. Not a complaint at all. I guess I'll just have to rethink my shooting acumen. I'll drop you a copy of the best target I shot. Of course I could change my carry "Weapon-O-Choice" to my Remington 870... NOT! We can try again next month. Thanks for trying to head this up.

Post imported post

Its not supposed to be easy, in fact if somebody scored a possible I'd suspect them of cheating.

Anybody up for trying this again? I have an idea for another match.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Yes, I'm up for it. It's not easy, but is a good challenge. It did humble me and I even bought some extra ammo, because of it. This icon looks familiar!

Post imported post

Definitely up for another shot at it. I am new to the forum and missed the opportunity to take part in this competition, but count me in on future ones.

State Researcher

Post imported post

I'm going shooting/camping weekend of the 28th, that would be a perfect time for me we could have it open till say like the 15th or even the end of next month.

Post imported post

I'll probably be making my monthly trip this weekend, so if the new target is up by then I'll do my best to shoot it.

Off topic: Anyone know where the term "shoot a possible" comes from? I'm thinking it's short hand for "250 of a possible 250" or something, but even though I've used the term plenty in the past, I don't know its origin, nor does Google.

Post imported post

livitup wrote:
    Off topic: Anyone know where the term "shoot a possible" comes from? I'm thinking it's short hand for "250 of a possible 250" or something, but even though I've used the term plenty in the past, I don't know its origin, nor does Google.
    I have been wondering that myself, and just as you I am clueless. Your "250 of a possible 250" sounds like a very good guess. It may have started in the military because that is the only place I have heard it used (that and by former vets).

Post imported post

I have always thought it meant all possible points scored. At least thats what it meant when I heard it in the Marines.

Post imported post

I always thought it was, if you shot a 'possible' it meant you could 'possibly' be a very good shooter.

just kidding.... both explainations are more or less the same I think. ..... I only posted for the Mafia trifecta.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast