• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

1st OCDO Postal Match

murphyslaw

State Researcher
imported post

I'm going shooting/camping weekend of the 28th, that would be a perfect time for me we could have it open till say like the 15th or even the end of next month.

livitup

imported post

I'll probably be making my monthly trip this weekend, so if the new target is up by then I'll do my best to shoot it.

Off topic: Anyone know where the term "shoot a possible" comes from? I'm thinking it's short hand for "250 of a possible 250" or something, but even though I've used the term plenty in the past, I don't know its origin, nor does Google.

TEX1N

imported post

livitup wrote:
Off topic: Anyone know where the term "shoot a possible" comes from? I'm thinking it's short hand for "250 of a possible 250" or something, but even though I've used the term plenty in the past, I don't know its origin, nor does Google.
I have been wondering that myself, and just as you I am clueless. Your "250 of a possible 250" sounds like a very good guess. It may have started in the military because that is the only place I have heard it used (that and by former vets).

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

I have always thought it meant all possible points scored. At least thats what it meant when I heard it in the Marines.

VAopencarry

imported post

I always thought it was, if you shot a 'possible' it meant you could 'possibly' be a very good shooter.

just kidding.... both explainations are more or less the same I think. ..... I only posted for the Mafia trifecta.:D

A

Arizonatexan

imported post

I missed out on the first go-round too! I'm in for the second! Can we try again? Can you run it over the weekend?

Thanks.

Arizona-Texan

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Ok I'll run another one starting this weekend. We can do the original one again or something different. Any opinions?

molonlabetn

imported post

I wantto try it again... I felt bad about not getting to it, myself,especially since Iended updown-and-out with some flu/bronchitiscrud for several days right when I had planned to get to the range during the second 'chance'.

I liked that first target and set of rules... Perhaps we should allow a longer period of time for the targets to be collected this time, however... like 3-4 weeks (since most folks, like me, mostly only get to shoot on weekends).

Also, Thank You Longwatch, for heading up the organization of this... I knowit will be a blast, once the procrastinators (like me :uhoh:) get off their duffs!

molonlabetn

A

Arizonatexan

imported post

I vote same target - same rules. I got my wife in on it too! (She's probably a better shot than I am!) Good going Longwatch! We appreciate your patience!

Arizonatexan