• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

1st OCDO Postal Match

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Rules: This competition works on the honor system so if you cheat you are only cheating yourself. As the only prize is bragging rights there is no point in cheating anyhow and I trust no one will.

Target: Competitors will use the target found here http://www.targetz.com/targetz-lib/20027.pdf .

Weapons: Any centerfire or rimfire handgun that you use as a carry gun.

Ammunition: Your carry ammunition. If you use WWB so be it, but if you carry Hydrashocks use that, think of it as an excuse to rotate your ammo out. 15 rounds will be allowed per target.

Range: Targets will be placed at 7 yards, and indoor/outdoor, public or private ranges are acceptable.

Positions: Any standing position, no rests, supports or slings are allowed.

Scoring: The target has 15 lightbulbs on it. 1 point will be awarded per lightbulb hit. Each lightbulb may be hit only once, multiple hits will only count once. A hit is defined as inside of or breaking the black lines. More than 15 shots on a target will void that target. Tiebreaking will be done by counting filaments broken in the center of the bulbs.

Posting targets: Competitors may enter multiple targets but only one per weapon. You may enter a target for you SIG, one for your Model 29 etc. You must sign your target (OCDO handle) and fill out the data in the box on the target. For powder load put in your pistol type, under bullet gr. put brand and bullet type. Use the bottom line if you need more room. Scans of targets must be sent to the following email address: ocdo_postal_match@yahoo.com . Scores will be published on the 6th of October.

Any questions? Your time starts now.

TEX1N

imported post

Any chance we would use ammo that is not our carry ammo? I'm running low on my carry ammo, and I have to wait until the next gun show to load up.

longwatch

imported post

Well since this is for fun, I'll make an exception here. Anyone can use any ammo they choose but if you use your carry ammo (that you have stated that you use elsewhere on this forum) you will get 1 extra point in the event of a tiebreaker.

murphyslaw

State Researcher
imported post

Damn, Can I get an extention? I got caught up in some family business(dad had knee surgery) and havnt had the chance to hit a range. DAMN IT BOY!!!!!!!!

DoubleR

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I'm gonna try and get back to Gilbert's today. (Ernie will wonder - 2 days in a row). I was going Tues 10/3, had the targets and all. Got stopped going out the door to work late, got PO'd & threw the targets in the trash with lots of swearing:cuss:. Wed 10/4 was much better. Left work with my gear, got to Gilberts, no targets. They were headed to the recycling center. Since you all from NOVA know what 395/95 is like in the afternoon (more :cuss:) I'll do the best to keep my word. I wish I had the targets with me on Wed. I was hitting wherever I aimed!:)

molonlabetn

imported post

I've been sick since this past weekend thru today, I haven't gone anywhere... I know it will be last minute but I will attempt to make it to the range tonight or tomorrow night and scan them in to you before weekend. I will probably just use one of my carry guns though...

molonlabetn

livitup

imported post

Wow, what underwhelming participation!

I have to admit some responsibility myself, I was very excited about this and just totally lacked time to get out and shoot.

I would suggest trying again, but I doubt the results would be much more exciting. Perhaps one of the NOVA GTGs could start out at Gilbert or something and we could do a mini-competition as a pre-dinner event?

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

longwatch wrote:
Well no one posted any targets so there is no winner.

I have to say I'm disappointed. But I couldn't get time to get to the range either.

I'll participate in the next one if I have to bury the gun somewhere and dig it up and shoot on my lunch hour (well, okay, not quite, but I *will* find time).

longwatch

imported post

Yeah I was surprised after the enthusiasm shown toward the idea. I still think it can work.

murphyslaw

State Researcher
imported post

I really had every intention on partisipating in this I really really did. Out of know where dad had to have surgery so i have been looking after him for the last week. and have had vehicle issues. We should set it for the end of the month, I will go out of my way to get it done I PROMISE.

DoubleR

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Hey, Longwatch. I went to Gilbert's on 10/17 - Tuesday - and shot the heck out of the Lightbulb Targets (hoo-ray for workplace copiers:p). While I feel that I'm above average on silhouettes and Bulls-Eyes, those little @#%$&! were tough. Not a complaint at all. I guess I'll just have to rethink my shooting acumen. I'll drop you a copy of the best target I shot. Of course I could change my carry "Weapon-O-Choice" to my Remington 870... NOT! We can try again next month. Thanks for trying to head this up.

longwatch

imported post

Its not supposed to be easy, in fact if somebody scored a possible I'd suspect them of cheating.

Anybody up for trying this again? I have an idea for another match.

DoubleR

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Yes, I'm up for it. It's not easy, but is a good challenge. It did humble me and I even bought some extra ammo, because of it. This icon :idea:looks familiar!