• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry at GRPC and Charlotte area

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Not in the Marriott Rennaisance Suites (walking all about the hotel for several days), notin WalMart while shopping for goodies for the successful OCDO reception at GRPC 2006, not in a gas station, nor in Wendys.

John - you want to tell your observation about the discussion by WalMart cake ladies? I did not hear it so no hearsay from me :cool:

mtheknife

imported post

I just want to clarify what you are saying. You wnet walking around in these public places OC with out any trouble. I ask because I just bought a pistol because my fiance is worried about the crime here. I had the intention of open carry but haven't yet because I wasn't sure of the laws or what not.

mtheknife

imported post

Thanks for the answer mike. I have one other question and haven't found a complete answer. Me and my fiance are traveling to upstate NY. How am I supposed to transport my gun when I travel into the states that don't allow open car carry? I assume loced in the trunk but I wonder about the ammo? I have heard different theories from my buddies but want to be for sure before I go. Thanks again

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

NY is a no open carry state - that's about allI know, but I suspect that handgun possession in NY is illegal without a permit. FOPA only applies to presumably immunize trunck carry while you drive theru the state, not if you end up there.

mtheknife

imported post

Thanks I found a more detailed law review in packing.org I appreciate the help.