Thread: Cops storm school hostage situation....

Post imported post

KUDOES!!!!! After so much press that they let hostages in schools die, this department went it..

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/09/28/sch...ing/index.html

This will not make Columbine a wash, but its good to know, I might not have to run into save my kids myself.....

To be honest, I needed this; my faith was waining..

Do not get pisssed if I post this in PDO when is comes back up...

Post imported post

Unfortunately one of the hostages died, because they entered. Granted, if they didn't, both of them probably wouldn't be here today.

Matt

Founder's Club Member - Moderator longwatch's Avatar

Post imported post

I am not real comfortable with how this situation went down. The chief of police didn't give the order to go in until he knew the scumbag was sexually assaulting the girls. It's not the cops fault the girl is dead but something doesn't seem right that the badguy was able to shoot the girl and then himself. It's not fair to monday morning quarterback this, but were the cops even in the room when the end went down?

Post imported post

longwatch wrote:
    I am not real comfortable with how this situation went down. The chief of police didn't give the order to go in until he knew the scumbag was sexually assaulting the girls. It's not the cops fault the girl is dead but something doesn't seem right that the badguy was able to shoot the girl and then himself. It's not fair to monday morning quarterback this, but were the cops even in the room when the end went down?
    Now that the story is out, neither am I.

Post imported post

I wonder what would have happened if one of the teachers had been armed???

Now a young girl is dead because the people in the school were left vulnerable. It would have not mattered one bit ifthe scumbaghad a gun, or a knife, or a sword, or a baseball bat... His intention was obvious.

The sooner that feral humans like that are put down, the better...

molonlabetn

Post imported post

longwatch wrote:
    I am not real comfortable with how this situation went down.¬* The chief of police didn't give the order to go in until he knew the scumbag was sexually assaulting the girls.¬* It's not the cops fault the girl is dead but something doesn't seem right that the badguy was able to shoot the girl and then himself.¬* It's not fair to monday morning quarterback this, but were the cops even in the room¬* when the end went down?¬*
    I haven't read much but I got the feeling they were attempting to negotate with the suspect and only after those talks broke down the decision was made to go "tactical". They said the blew down the door but that was probably the central problem with the assault. Most school doors I've seen are extremely robust and only way your going to blow it down is with C2 or some type of explosive or maybe a shotgun breaching charge. They probably blew it open with explosives, threw in a flashbang or two and stormed it. However, I'm also reading reports that he pointed a gun at officers as well so maybe someone didn't take a shot he was suppose to. I'm sure details will continue to come out.