• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Stories Philly Suburbs

lprgcFrank

imported post

Be Glad to get together. With the cold weather - I'm not OC'ing much now.
I travel 5 days a week so it'll need to be a weekend or holiday. How about the 19th?
Starbucks works for me. I OC in one in Reston VA when I'm there - never had any issues.

BimmerGuy

imported post

TheJordTrain wrote:
Frank,

You may be just the guy I'm looking for. I've lurked on here a bit, because I'm curious to see if anybody's OCed round us.

I live in Havertown. Wanna meet up for coffee? Your choice of locations, but I'd fancy a starbucks just for shock value:shock::p

Anybody else wanna get in on this?

--Jordan
I am in Broomall, lets set this up and educate some people!

TheJordTrain

imported post

BimmerGuy wrote:
TheJordTrain wrote:
Frank,

You may be just the guy I'm looking for. I've lurked on here a bit, because I'm curious to see if anybody's OCed round us.

I live in Havertown. Wanna meet up for coffee? Your choice of locations, but I'd fancy a starbucks just for shock value:shock::p

--Jordan

Man! I totally forgot I'd posted here. And now with the warm weather, I haven't been OCing as much as I should.. but then that's another story. You guys game for Iron Hill Brewery?

(that's a joke, maybe a group shoot with OC lunch afterwards would be better)

BimmerGuy

imported post

TheJordTrain wrote:
BimmerGuy wrote:
TheJordTrain wrote:
Frank,

--Jordan
Man! I totally forgot I'd posted here. And now with the warm weather, I haven't been OCing as much as I should.. but then that's another story. You guys game for Iron Hill Brewery?

(that's a joke, maybe a group shoot with OC lunch afterwards would be better)
Lol. Sure, I usually go to Target Master on the DE border to shoot. Any local places here in Philly? BTW guys I'm 27

lprgcFrank

imported post

Just name the date, time and place and if I'm in town, I'll be there.

I met a fellow OC'r out in Oaks (just off 422) yesterday. He had a S&W .357 revolver. I was carrying my 1911.
He was on his way to take his son to the range.

lprgcFrank

imported post

Another uneventful OC day here in Delaware County
CVS, New Wayne Pizza and a nice 2 mile walk through downtown Wayne including right by 2 Radnor PD cruisers parked across from the movie theater.....

TheJordTrain

imported post

lprgcFrank wrote:
Another uneventful OC day here in Delaware County
CVS, New Wayne Pizza and a nice 2 mile walk through downtown Wayne including right by 2 Radnor PD cruisers parked across from the movie theater.....

How's New Wayne Pizza? I think it'd be fun to go there.. make people think that Frank is harbinger of a new revolution! I mean, it's an old revolution but people have forgotten about it.

BimmerGuy

imported post

Last week I OC'ed in West Chester. Gas Stations, and the ACME off RT. 3

No issues. but a LOT of staring. Saw a cop in a WaWa, I wanted to go in just to test the waters but I chickened out... I saw myself getting arrested and on the news.... lol

lprgcFrank

imported post

New Wayne Pizza is good. I grew up liking Greek style pizza - worked under the table for one at 9th & Hunting Park in Phila. when I was a kid. That was right around the first time I had a gun pulled on me. 14-15 year old kid with a POS looking .22 or .25 auto stole my hockey stick.

More uneventful OC on 7-5 and 6, CVS, WaWa, Gas station, Phila airport dropping off my wife and daughter for a trip to Belize with our church youth group, Genuardi's to stock the larder for a week of just the boys at home (more lunchmeat, rolls, ice cream and cookies :) and another stroll on the Radnor trail walking the dog.

TheJordTrain

imported post

I think I win the internet for today! My OC list is as follows, in a series of commercial surgical strikes:

Target and Conicelli Toyota, Springfield

Then on to the granite run mall out in media (or is it lima out there?)

Then up to A.C. Moore and Pep Boys (conicelli didn't have the part I needed) in Newtown Square.

Not a second glance that I caught. Maybe I need to OC a bigger gun? :celebrate

I was thinking of going to New Wayne Pizza, but found myself free for the afternoon so the errands were of higher priority.

lprgcFrank

imported post

I'm spending too much time on the road in non-OC places (IL and TX) but in the last week OC'd my usual route - CVS, Genuardi's, WaWa, walking the dog around Wayne...

Had an interesting one in Wawa last Sunday - ran into an old neighbor and we were catching each other up on spouses and kids. A 50-60 year old woman is behind me in line and notices the J-frame on my hip and her eyes go wide and she stares hard at me alternating between the firearm and my face with a 'what do you think you are doing' look I remember from my elementary school teachers. I smile at her and nod and keep right on with the conversation with my old neighbor. She never says a word to me and leaves the store in a hurry. I think she was surprised that normal people with a firearm can carry on a normal conversation in a public place and the evil gun didn't jump out and shoot somebody. :cool:

lprgcFrank

imported post

Another uneventful day OC'ing in Chester, Delaware and Montgomery Counties today... WaWa, Whole Foods, CVS, Genuardi's, walking the Radnor trail, Bertucci's in Bryn Mawr.

Only notable event was while my wife and I were having lunch in Bertucci's - I was sitting on the main aisle in the restaurant with my firearm on the aisle side. One guy leaving did a double take, but kept walking and never said a word...

TheJordTrain

imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
Any of you guys ever OC in Marcus Hook?

I've read that the chief of police there is a ball of fun.

Never OC'd there, but I did have a client out there. Saw him 5 days a week for three months and never saw a cop anywhere. That includes the wawa near his house. Of course, not seeing one doesn't mean they don't exist.. but the chief of police is limited by decisions made by people higher up than he, so ball of fun or not, at worst you're only a lawsuit away from safe passage :cool:

Tomahawk

imported post

TheJordTrain wrote:
Of course, not seeing one doesn't mean they don't exist..
Oh, they exist, all right. I had a rather unpleasant experience up there a few years back. And that was for carrying a camera. I'd hate to seewhat happens to people who carry guns.