• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Stop Bloomberg

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

:cuss: N.Y. city mayor Bloomberg claims to have evidence of crimes committed in the Commonwealth of Virginia, yet he refuses to turn such evidence over to any recognized authority. I always thought that withholding evidence of a crime was in and of itself a crime. Bloomberg instead choses to use the vast sums of money at his disposal to harrass and intimidate Virginia gun shops, threatening lengthy and expensive law suits, into doing business his way or not at all.
The legislators in Richmond need to step up to the plate and do something to protect legitimate businesses from this type of action. There are already enough laws on the books to prosecute those that do not play by the rules. Bloomberg's actions amount to de facto legislation without representation and cannot be tolerated.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is the armed lamb expressing his veto. Yata hey

VAopencarry

imported post

I am really dumbfounded on why the Virginia Governor and or legislator's have not addressed this issue. If I was Gov, my foot would be buried up Bloombergs a##. This guy has breached the sovereignty of Virginia,and other states, and these States are not saying boo about it. I don't get it......

What about the PI's, they broke the law, why aren't they being charged?!?!? Can I carry my gun through airport security and just say I was testing it when I am caught and not get arrested? argh!! :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Do you really want to stop Bloomberg?:exclaim: Then get involved and join the Virginia Citizen's Defense League (VCDL) a national award winning, grass roots organization dedicated to preserving your rights under the 2nd Amendment. VCDL is greatly responsible for the much improved pro-carry conditions in Virginia through their tireless, volunteer looby and educational efforts. VCDL has established a Gun Shop Defense Fund to assist shops in Va. who find themselves under attack by Bloomberg.
Annual membership is only $15.00 and no officer is paid one red cent! We have over 5,000 mebers now and would like to see 10,000 by the time the legislature convenes again - two months.
If you don't live in Virginia, understand that many organizations in other states are either modeled after VCDL or have sought the assistance/council of our most able bodied president in solving many of your problems. And perhaps most important we are on the front line in the fight against Bloomberg. Your membership is sought also.
Come one guys you ask what you could do. Well here it is. Put your money where your gut is. Check it out at: http://www.vcdl.org/ Look at 3rd item on right side of the home page and do it. Membership really does have benefits!

Yata hay

norahc

imported post

Maybe somebody can help me out with this, because I'm having a hard time understanding it:

Private detectives (read private citizens) were contracted by NYC Mayor Bloomberg's office to go and attempt to commit a federal felony by completing a staged straw purchase. These private citizens then completed an ATF 4473, in which they lied about the true recipient of the gun.

The evidence from these supposed criminal straw purchases is not being used in a criminal court, but in a civil court where the rules of evidence are much looser. As a matter of fact, NYC is not sharing the evidence they obtained with BATFE while at the same time complaining that the BATFE doesn't do anything about "rogue dealers".

My questions are these:
1) What gives a city mayor the right to attempt to enforce federal criminal law in a civil suit?
2) Why aren't the private detectives in this case under arrest for the crimes of straw purchase and perjury? And why are they still licensed as private detectives in their state?
3) Why isn't Mayor Bloomberg under arrest for conspiracy? I would even go so far as to wonder why, given the tactis that he is using and his stated goal, that he hasn't been charged under the RICO statue. At a minimum, he should be charged with interfering with a federal investigation by withholding evidence of a federal felony.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

I have not seen any documentation of exactly what Bloomberg's henchmen specifically did i.e. fill out paper work etc. What I have heard is that they covertly video taped certain alledged improper activities; however I do not even know if this is accurate. Bloomberg may well be running the ultimate bluff in a high stacks poker game. Unfortunately to call his bluff, the gun shops so "charged" are going to have to anti-up large sums of cash for legal fees to call his bet.
Since we do not know for sure what crimes (if any) that these private (detectives) citizens committed, it is at this point nearly impossible to charge them - if we knew who they were. What is known is that Bloomberg has stated that he has evidence of crimes (federal) and he has not turned over such material to any proper agency.
It is my sincerest wish that Bloomberg either be indicted for withholding evidence or be summoned before a grand jury in Virginia for interfering with lawful commerce etc., etc. His tactic of money, power, press and threat of civil suit has unfortunately become entirely too common place and these small business cannot fight him alone. Individually these shops, assuming that they do not have specific insurance, can little stand this challange but with the help of thousands of citizens we can show this to be what I think it is - an attack on lawful commerce not unlike earlier attempts to make gun manufacturers responsible for what some hoodlum did with their product.
Can you imagine the ramifications if these suits were successful? Would England then be able to sue Va. businesses for alleged violations? Yata hey