• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Blog on Open Carry

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

http://www.thepriceofliberty.org/06/09/04/editor.htm

This lady gets it.
[font="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif"][size="-1"]"So, why DOES an older lady (60) want to carry a pistol on her hip?[/size][/font]
[font="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif"][size="-1"]1. To defend myself and my neighbors against aggression.[/size][/font]
[font="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif"][size="-1"]2. To accept the honor and duty to exercise the basic human right to self-defense and arms ownership.[/size][/font]
[font="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif"][size="-1"]3. To help others understand their right, and even their duty, to keep and bear arms to defend themselves and those they love. [/size][/font]
[font="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif"][size="-1"] 4. To serve as a deterrent to crime. Murder, rape, robbery, invasion of private property, all forms of aggression (except most committed by the state, of course) are certainly "illegal," but how many of them would never happen at all if those potential victims - or good citizens nearby - were armed? We seldom hear about those who simply run away and give up the attack.[/size][/font]
[font="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif"][size="-1"]5. To put my money (and life) where my mouth is. I've written about all of this for so many years. Now it's time to walk the talk. [/size][/font]
[font="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif"][size="-1"]The most useful thing to prevent aggression in any form is an armed and alert population that is willing and able to defend themselves with both deadly and non-deadly force. For this to work, at least SOME of us must be armed and ready to defend ourselves and others ALL THE TIME, not just when we're locked inside our homes. [/size][/font]
[font="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif"][size="-1"]So, why open carry? Why not get a CCW and carry concealed? It's still a pain, but at least you don't get the stares... I've heard all of the reasons. And these are mine for not considering it.[/size][/font]
[font="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif"][size="-1"]1. Asking for a CCW is begging government for a privilege, not accepting a God given right to self defense. [/size][/font]
[font="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif"][size="-1"]2. CCW is instant and permanent gun registration.[/size][/font]
[font="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif"][size="-1"]3. There is little or no opportunity to educate others about the right to keep and bear arms if your weapon is hidden. [/size][/font]
[font="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif"][size="-1"]4. I'm proud of my rights, and proud that I have the ability and desire to do something meaningful for other people, both in defense if necessary, and to educate them in our shared heritage." [/size][/font]