• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry at Theme Parks?

Taclead

imported post

I have been open carrying for about 5 months now. I live in the Hampton area and was wondering if anyone knew if you could open carry at Busch Gardens?

mercutio545

imported post

I don't think so. They have security checks there, and if you can't carry a knife in then I don't think you'd be able to carry a gun. One of my friends works security at Kings Dominion and she told me that they have a room where you can check your gun at, then pick it up when you leave.

NCHornet

imported post

All of the theme parks I have visited have signs against bringing a weapon of any kind into their park.

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Not to revive a dead thread to much, but Busch Gardens in Virginia was posted last time I was there in 2005. I didn't plan on carrying because I had heard stories of maintenance types finding guns lost by patrons under roller coasters and such.