Thread: Open Carry at Theme Parks?

Post imported post

I have been open carrying now for about 5 months. I was wondering if anyone knew if it was OK to open carry at Busch Gardens?

Post imported post

Kings Island here in Cincinnati, which is owned by Paramount, forbids it. You can't even ccw because you must pass through a metal detector.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator longwatch's Avatar

Post imported post

I believe they have a no guns policy at the one in Virginia. There wasn't a metal detector there last year when I went. I didn't carry because I've heard a lot of things go flying on some of those rides, to include the occasional firearm.

Post imported post

Correct, their sign at the entrance says "No weapons" and specifically includes guns along with some other stuff. They do not have metal detectors, so if you really feel like it I suppose you could make it in with CC. I would second the fear of things going flying if you plan on going on any rides.

The no weapons thing is kind of odd considering there's a store in the England section of the park that sells swords...

Post imported post

also, king's dominion wouldn't allow it either. i don't know if it's posted or anything like that but i know the last time i was there they actually frisked us and if you had a knife or anything you could take it to your vehicle or throw it in the barrel (which they probably rummage through at the end of the day and get all kind of goodies). i don't remember if they had metal detectors though.