Thread: Question For Washingtonians Re: Assault Weapon Ban

Post imported post

Hi does anyone from Washington know what's going on withHB 1627 / SB 5475 -"Banning assault weapons". I'm fairly new to Washington & can't seem to find out if this stupid legislation has passed or not!

Post imported post

Are you referring to the State of Washington, or Washington D.C.?

Post imported post

State of Washington

Post imported post

Both of these bills were introduced in Jan 2005 and were referred to their respective Judiciary Committees. The bills essentially died, but were re-introduced to retain their present status, which is still in the Judiciary Committees.

Considering that the Legislature adjourned March 8th, 2006 my guess is that they will have to do the same thing again next year. Having a part time Legislature really limits how much they can mess up our lives.

Post imported post

Thank you for the info. Didn't know Washington only had a part time Legislature. I agree.

norahc wrote:
    Both of these bills were introduced in Jan 2005 and were referred to their respective Judiciary Committees. The bills essentially died, but were re-introduced to retain their present status, which is still in the Judiciary Committees.

Considering that the Legislature adjourned March 8th, 2006 my guess is that they will have to do the same thing again next year. Having a part time Legislature really limits how much they can mess up our lives.