Thread: Know who you're voting for............

Post imported post

Go to http://www.publius.org/ andtype in some basic info to see the ballot "you" will be voting on.

Also go to http://www.safrpac.org/General%20Election%202006.htmto see those that have a good ( or bad) voting record for gun owners in Michigan.

Post imported post

Great post....Thanks.

Regular Member American Boy With a Gun's Avatar

Post imported post

just thought id bring the earliest post to the top of the list to get some responses....hehehe :what::what::what:
    "If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." -- Samuel Adams, 1776

An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject

Post imported post

I have some reservations with that SAFR link. If it's acceptable to APPOSE the CPL Law in 2000 how is that a ACCEPTABLE in a 2A perspective? What about Hoekstra's support of the Brady Bill and his SUPPORT of a handgun ban in 99.. The link to me is unacceptable. I'll stick with other sites for candidates ratings on things. SAFR might have an agenda with that page either that or their ignorant both of which to me are not acceptable.

Post imported post

I just sent them an email with some facts. We will see if they update the page and their response. In my opinion that web page is full of S***

NRA site will be updated eventually with their grades.
    http://www.nrapvf.org/Elections/Default.aspx

Post imported post

SAFR will be updated in a couple weeks.

Post imported post

I use the below mainly from Gun Owners of America. It has everything known to man on it. I'm always skeptical of the NRA. I always get the feeling they go with the people who donate the most money to them aside from impartially looking at the facts.

http://capwiz.com/gunowners/home/

If it's updated or not these are not new records. It's obvious to me they did no fact checking. They also dont handle their email mailbox because it's full an rejected my email.

Post imported post

mikestilly wrote:
    I have some reservations with that SAFR link. If it's acceptable to APPOSE the CPL Law in 2000 how is that a ACCEPTABLE in a 2A perspective? What about Hoekstra's support of the Brady Bill and his SUPPORT of a handgun ban in 99.. The link to me is unacceptable. I'll stick with other sites for candidates ratings on things. SAFR might have an agenda with that page either that or their ignorant both of which to me are not acceptable.
    Appose? I think you mean oppose, don't you?

Big Gay Al
    Coordinator, Michigan Pink Pistols
    Big Gay Al's Big Gay (Gun) Blog
    Fabrique Nationale d'Herstal FNX-45 .45ACP 16 rounds of hurt.

Post imported post

Big Gay Al wrote:
    mikestilly wrote:
    I think BGA is write.

Post imported post

Nice Pat
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Post imported post

CV67PAT wrote:
    Big Gay Al wrote:
    mikestilly wrote:
    I think BGA is write.
    No, I'm typed.
    Big Gay Al
    Coordinator, Michigan Pink Pistols
    Big Gay Al's Big Gay (Gun) Blog
    Fabrique Nationale d'Herstal FNX-45 .45ACP 16 rounds of hurt.