• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Jangko Sushi in Woodnbridge.

possumboy

imported post

docwatson wrote:
OC'd there and waited 20 mins while she made my take out order with no issues. If you want cheap sushi with HUGE servings, check this place out!

I went here today. I did not have enough cash and they wanted a purchase of $15 for Credit Card - which is against VISA user's agreement (or it used to be anyway).

I had issues leaving. I made the mistake of making eye contact while waiting to cross to where I was parked. The guy stopped and started saying things to me. They didn't sound nice, but I do not speak spanish, so I don't really know.

I walked around the back of the car just ignoring him and all of the sudden he speed off (squealing tires and everything).

Bento's Sushi and Roll is just on the other side of 95 down Prince William Parkway. It is cheaper and I have never been threatened over there.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

possumboy wrote:
I did not have enough cash and they wanted a purchase of $15 for Credit Card - which is against VISA user's agreement (or it used to be anyway).
This is against both MasterCard and VISA's merchant agreements - report thru MasterCard's website at http://www.mastercard.com/us/company/en/general/contact_us.html- when the webform is up, you can report the merchant directly using a web form for 2 major violations: 1. Demanding ID when using a signed credit card. 2. Having a min or max charge allowed.

Reporting to VISA is more painful as they want you to report thru your issuing bank - of course most issuing banks will have no idea what you are talking about since they do not handle the merchant agreement.

possumboy

imported post

Mike wrote:
possumboy wrote:
I did not have enough cash and they wanted a purchase of $15 for Credit Card - which is against VISA user's agreement (or it used to be anyway).
This is against both MasterCard and VISA's merchant agreements - report thru MasterCard's website at http://www.mastercard.com/us/company/en/general/contact_us.html- when the webform is up, you can report the merchant directly using a web form for 2 major violations: 1. Demanding ID when using a signed credit card. 2. Having a min or max charge allowed.

Reporting to VISA is more painful as they want you to report thru your issuing bank - of course most issuing banks will have no idea what you are talking about since they do not handle the merchant agreement.
I looked up Visa's agreement. Two interesting things for me.

Bottom of page 29 is the "Requesting Cardholder ID" Rules.
"When should you ask a cardholder for an official government ID? Although Visa
rules do not preclude merchants from asking for cardholder ID, merchants
cannot make an ID a condition of acceptance. Therefore, merchants cannot
refuse to complete a purchase transaction because a cardholder refuses to
provide ID. Visa believes merchants should not ask for ID as part of their regular
card acceptance procedures. Laws in several states also make it illegal for
merchants to write a cardholder’s personal information, such as an address or
phone number, on a sales receipt."
I'm thinking Best Buy! I may go there just to buy something with this printed out to see what they say. Maybe they will call a Code 10 on me.

The other was that "See ID" or "Ask for ID" are not valid and merchants should not accept those. I have several friends that do that.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

possumboy wrote:
The other was that "See ID" or "Ask for ID" are not valid and merchants should not accept those. I have several friends that do that.
Are we off topic or what?

Merchants are required to refuse to accept "See ID" cards untill the customer signs the card.

There is no reason that the credit card should even have your real name anyway - consumers should feel free to order a "shopper's alias" credit card as an "authorized user" on their sole account.