• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

open carry in kent wa

fatalhubris

imported post

Oopsie, I originally posted this in stories from the states Washington. I didn’t realize there was a section for this specific kind of question. “durt da dur” as Carlos Mencea would say.

Okey dokey then,

If anyone on here lives or has carried openly in the city of Kent feel free to speak up and share with the rest of the class. I have refrained form doing so out of simple ignorance and a misguided belief that it was in fact illegal to do so. I am looking for commentary and or advice in dealing with the eventuality that if I do chose to exercise my right to do so. I will be potentially dealing with Kent Pd an organization that has a Gestapo reputation at best. I have as you can see taken the time to look up Kent city ordnances pertaining to this. (Just a snide little aside here, looks like ill be pulling out my tape measure) any advice is welcome

9.02.350 Possession of firearms or dangerous weapons at Kent Commons – Unlawful.

A.Subject to the exceptions set forth in subsections (B) and (C) of this section, it shall be unlawful for any person to possess a firearm; a dagger, sword, or knife with a blade in excess of three (3) inches; or any other weapon apparently capable of producing bodily harm, inside of the premises known as the Kent Commons located at 525 North Fourth Avenue in the city of Kent.

B.The prohibition to possession of a firearm shall not apply to a person licensed to carry a concealed weapon pursuant to RCW 9.41.070 or a person exempted from the licensing requirement by RCW 9.41.060.

C.This section shall not apply during shows, demonstrations, or lectures involving the exhibition of firearms or other weapons.

D.For the purposes of this section, firearm means a weapon or device from which a projectile or projectiles may be fired by an explosive such as gunpowder.

E.This section shall only apply to those areas of the Kent Commons that are within the Kent Commons building or that are contained to an area adjacent to the building by a temporary barrier during use for an event hosted by the Kent Commons.

F.A person who violates this section shall be guilty of a misdemeanor.

(Ord. No. 3621, §2, 10-1-02)