• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Staunton Police Dept.'s tactics against open carry hits the news!

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

A violation of constitutional rights?

[font="Geneva,Arial,Sans-Serif"]Staunton incident highlights gun-rights debate[/font]

http://www.augustafreepress.com/stories/storyReader$40750

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Let's roll on this poll folks - pleasehit your networks around the US right now.

The comments attacking gun owners by the anti-gunner leadershipof VA are the worst I have ever heard - they must be desparate.

Keep open carrying out there - we are winning!

DKSuddeth

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

I have to wonder, did the reporter seek out all of the anti gun groups in virginia to get their input or did they seek out the reporter? Theremarks against gun owners in this article is egregious. Wonder what the possibility of filing slander lawsuits against those groups successfully would be?

VApatriot

imported post

The statements by the antis were just as ignorant,stupid,and condescending asever, but Ithought that the article itselfwas rather balanced compared to other stories about firearms. I believe they quoted two antis (other than some of the police), but they all quotedboth Mike and Philip.

BTW, did you see/vote in the poll at the bottom of the page? Mike is right; we are definitely winning right now!

SicSemperTyrannis

imported post

Is the Augusta Free Press an "alternative weekly" or the main local paper? Just curious...

Check out the blog items associated with the article. Kinda neat.

And yes, that was a pretty fairly writtenarticle!

SicSemperTyrannis

imported post

To answer my own question:

"Published six days a week, this independent online newspaper features articles and editorials concerning Waynesboro, Staunton and Augusta County, VA."

Darn... I was hoping I was reading the on-line version of a old-fashioned paper that gets distributed around town...

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

VCDL meetup to speak against police harassment of open carriers is a go tonight Staunton City Council meeting is a go tinight! 7:30 PM. OpenCarry at City Council meeting is legal if you want to do it.