• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Email to/from the Mayor of Billings, MT

kd7one

imported post

Matt, if you are looking for some people around Billing that open carry, I am one of them. If you want to start a local open carry group, let me know.

40s-and-wfan

imported post

Dutch Uncle wrote:
Try to round up a handful of likeminded folks in your area who are decent and reasonable. Then start having dinners together at local restaurants while open carrying. You might expect some hassles at first, but as long as you are cool, the locals (citizens and cops) will come around.

The rights you speak of don't stay around forever in today's politcal climate if they remain unused.

This is exactly what I'm trying to do at this time in the Kalispell/Flathead Valley area to raise public awareness on the issue and to educate the public on the legality of it! I realize it's not the most socially acceptable thing to do, nor is it "PC" but I'm not the most PC person in the world so I'm not worried about that. In my humble opinion, the more it's done, the more acceptable it will become! If anyone has any ideas or if anyone reading this in the Flathead Valley Area is interested, feel free to drop me a line as I'm always open to suggestions! My kids would argue with this fact (They're still young enough where they think their daddy can do anything), but I'm nowhere near perfect so I can still use all the help I can get!! I would love to make this a successful venture and increase the number of people involved as much as I can!

Okay, I'll step off my pedestal now. Thanks for listening... er, reading!

IDAHO COWBOY

imported post

The Billings Mayor is a former Highway Patrol from NE, which has been over the years very restricted on guns including conceal carry. Only recent can one carry conceal in NE. Before that he was the Chief of Police in Billings very 2A / anti-gun and cost the taxpayers a bundle of money to settle a lawsuit (it is simply amazing he was elected Mayor ??). Siince he was Mayor of Billings he Bloomberg Mayor of NYC, making Billings 1 of 100 cities supporting suing gun makers over accidents, deaths, and gun running.

Yellowstone County Sheriff Maxwell, is definitely 2A / anti-gun, as seen recently in Montana over his anti-HB228 for Self Defense. He has been in office for over 25 years.

Both of these people are democrats.

Yellowstone County and Billings should vote these two out of office in the next election.