• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Carnival of Cordite "Spirit of 76' Edition

Spank That Donkey

Attachments

• coc76.jpg
    coc76.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 209

Spank That Donkey

imported post

Send submissions to carnivalofcordite@hotmail.com

I hadn't seen your blog, I'll blog roll you tonight :) We need more gun blogs in VA, I thought there was only like four of us! Now at least there is five :)

Any Gun Blogger is welcome to send submissions. I have learned a ton about guns, ballistics, tactics, etc since submitting my self for the first time back in May. The originator of the carnival just handed over the reigns to me recently, and it has been a lot of work and fun!

So far we have not had any open carry posts, which would add a great element to the carnival, but as I said any and all submissions are welcome!

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
imported post

Spank That Donkey,

I see that you are in Staunton. Are you planning on joining us in open carrying and speaking at the Staunton City Council next Thursday to protest their heavy-handed dealing with peaceful open carry in restaurants?

We would love to have you.

John@OpenCarry.Org

Spank That Donkey

imported post

I am not a resident of the city, but I could show my support by showing up... I have never actually been to a City Council meeting...

I can tell you this, the last two council members elected... do not lean pro gun... It could turn out to be an interesting evening in deed.

DoubleR

Campaign Veteran
imported post

JP - Keep us posted on the City Council Meeting. I completely missed this whole incident until a few days ago. Head up my A$$ - or something - I didn't even see it in VCDL. There is so much out there about it that I am now seeing. Point - A patron called it in - the PD called the restaurant manager, who apparently has no problem with open carry - For "you-know-who's-sake" it 's in the Valley, it's in the country, they grew up with guns. An apparent disconnect between the PD, restaurant and the "patron" at my first take. If management was aware, as per the article & tape and had no apparent problem, the PD had no grounds to come onto the property, uninvited. Go get 'em at City Council.

jimwyant

imported post

I have family in Waynesboro (~10 miles from Staunton) that I haven't seen in several months, and I don't have to work that night. I might have to show up. Does everyone attending plan to OC?

Spank That Donkey

imported post

We need to check into Staunton City Hall policy on OC.. I know for a fact the courthouse enforces no weapons... I haven't been to City Hall like I stated before in a couple years, b/c I have not had to pay any tax bills, since moving to the county.

I did not see any signs in the County Govt. Center, but of course the Augusta CH, located downtown Staunton, (it was in the county in the 1700's) also has a no weapons policy.

jimwyant

imported post

Spank That Donkey wrote:
We need to check into Staunton City Hall policy on OC.
Unless the courthouse is in the same building as City Hall, I think they are forbidden by the preemption statute to ban firearms. Can someone confirm this?