• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Cards

VaXDshooter

imported post

Another long time lurker, first time poster and new member.

I've seen other members mention open carry cards or something to that effect. Does anyone have any of these? What would you put on one?

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

The idea has some appeal. I can't think of a logo offhand, but they could have slogans like:

"Open carry......for when you can't carry a cop"

"Open Carry.....because I can."

"Open Carry.....because rights, like muscles, atrophy when not used."

"Open Carry....y'all have a problem with that?!" (or for Yankees: "youse got a problem wid it?!"

"Open Carry....check your local paper for the reasons."

"Open Carry......its a civil rights thing; you wouldn't understand."

Well, you get the idea.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

I think people are talking about a business card to hand out to the curious - I have one that identifies me, VCDL.org, and OpenCarry.org. if somebody asks about OC while I am out about town, I talk to them for a bit and hand them a card and tell them to email me if they have any questions, and join VA-ALERT of course.

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
imported post

I made some of my own on MS Publisher...

They say;
Shasta County Open Carry Association

Friends of OpenCarry.Org

"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.” --
George Washington

And my name and phone number

Bolt06

imported post

ConditionThree wrote:
I made some of my own on MS Publisher...

They say;

Shasta County Open Carry Association

Friends of OpenCarry.Org

"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.” --
George Washington

there was more to the quote.. i liked the ending enough to post it up.

"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference— they deserve a place of honor with all that's good. When firearms go, all goes— we need them every hour."- George Washington

nice quote ConditionThreeI love seeing what our forfathers actually thought.. they might roll over in there grave if they knew some of the choices going on today in Washington..