• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

4th NOVA Meetup

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

At our last meetup the idea was kicked around of having an Open Carry meetup inside the beltway, with the added kick of being somewhere along the Metro. Also, perhaps getting away from Friday nights, maybe Sunday evening or even a lunch. Mr Days was suggested and I would also throw in the Nam Viet Restaurant (good food and interesting pictures from POW reunions held there). All options are open at this point, any thoughts?

possumboy

imported post

How about one of the places in Pentagon Row? We can all walk through the mall from the metro to get there (Pentagon Mall exit, NOT PENTAGON)... There is plenty to eat there. I have at a few of the restuarants there.

Anymore inside the beltway from there is DC.

And yes, away from Fridays is a good thing.

XD Owner

imported post

I like the Pentagon Row idea this Sunday around lunch or late Brunch time.

Weather forecast for Sunday is some sun and clouds, highs in the mid-50s. 

I once dined there outside (because of the cigarette smoke inside) at Sine Irish Pub.

There is also a Chammp's Restaurant there.  1 PM at one of these sound good to people?

possumboy

imported post

XD Owner wrote:
I like the Pentagon Row idea this Sunday around lunch or late Brunch time.

Weather forecast for Sunday is some sun and clouds, highs in the mid-50s.

I once dine outside (because of the cigarette smoke inside) at Sine Irish Pub.

There is also a Chammp's Restaurant there. 1 PM at one of these sound good to people?

Lets all go there and see what they say when we deny the ID and access to search our cars.
http://www.nbc4.com/newsarchive/10203868/detail.html

But wait, they were not violating my rights, they were doing it for my protection.

XD Owner

imported post

That's why I carry when I go to robbing malls, I mean shopping malls.

I wonder, was the armored car guard armed?

possumboy

imported post

XD Owner wrote:
That's why I carry when I go to robbing malls, I mean shopping malls.

I wonder, was the armored car guard armed?

I'm just thinking about the unwarranted searches of my car and the checking of my ID just because I'm there when something happens. DC police do not like it when you tell them no when they ask for ID.

Well, more along the lines of "Am I being accused of something?"
"No"
"Then no, you cannot see my ID."

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I like the Pentagon Row idea. I'm not familiar with most of the eateries there - I've been to Sin'e and the Lebanese Taverna.

Sin'e, Chammps, I'm okay with them. Might go wandering through the mall afterward before taking the Metro home :D

longwatch

imported post

I will put the question on the floor then. Who would be up for a meetup this Sunday at 12:00 at Champs on Pentagon Row? I'm game.

TEX1N

imported post

XD Owner wrote:
I'm in, insh'allah. :cool:
I haven't heard that used properly in a few months! It looks like I won't be able to make it on Sunday. My schedule is just too crazy. Maybe I can catch up with y'all at the VCDL meeting on the 16th, insh'allah ;)

longwatch

imported post

Alright just seeing if we have enough interest for a meetup in Sunday at Champps in Pentagon Row at 12:30.

So far I think its just me, XD owner, and maybe Tess?

IonEngine

imported post

longwatch wrote:
Alright just seeing if we have enough interest for a meetup in Sunday at Champps in Pentagon Row at 12:30.

So far I think its just me, XD owner, and maybe Tess?

I will likely be there, once I find out where there is and will see if my wife wants to go.

-Anthony