• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

4th NOVA Meetup

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Heres the list so far.
Longwatch
XD Owner
Tess and family
IonEngine and wife maybe.

I'll make a reservation for 12:30 for 8 people later today unless someone else wants to RSVP. Ask for the OCDO table. They have open seating so it probably won't be to much trouble if someone else shows up.

IonEngine

imported post

longwatch wrote:
Champps Pentagon

Phone: 703-414-3601
Fax: 703-414-3604

1201 S. Joyce St.
Arlington, VA 22202

Driving Direction
I'll be there (tommorow, the 5th right?), but is it really under the highway overpass? Google maps shows the same location right underneath. I probably won't be carrying though, becasue I can't afford to get a $60 holster that I won't use everyday, I've got a baby on the way, and the value priced holsters were currently out of stock at Shooter's, I may not have time to check Dawson's, infact, I'm on shift right now and gotta get back to work.

longwatch

imported post

Thats what their directions say but I imagine its along joyce st south of the overpass. I've never been there does anyone know for sure

longwatch

imported post

Ok Champps won't take reservations on Sunday so we will have to take our chances.

XD Owner

imported post

For a truer perspective on Chammps' location, paste this into your browser:

http://www.google.com/maps?ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&tab=wl&q=1451%20S%20JOYCE%20ST%20ARLINGTON%2C%20VA

then click on Satellite and zoom in. Champps is on the east side of the large outdoor courtyard. From the street, look for Hudson Trail Outfitters on the corner, then head into the courtyard. At Maggie Moos, go right and it is a few restaurants down, past Bally Fitness. Can't miss it.

or go to http://www.pentagonrow.com/directions/

From the VA I-95 corridor: Take I-95 north to Shirley Highway (I-395) north to Exit 8C (Route 1 south/Pentagon City). Turn right onto Army Navy Drive (heading west) and proceed past the Fashion Centre at Pentagon City. Turn left onto South Joyce Street. Pentagon Row is immediately on your left.

From the corner of South Joyce Street and Army Navy Drive, go south about 250 yards.

At the bottom of http://www.pentagonrow.com/directions/ webpage is a diagram of the property. Champps is in the middle of the light blue block.

Hope this helps and to see you all there!

longwatch

imported post

Good recon. Ok since we can't get a table reserved I will try to get there a little early 12:20 or so and grab a table. Look for my dark blue Blackwater hat if you don't know what I look like.

possumboy

imported post

I have been to this Champps a couple of times. Hopefully you'all will get better service and decent food. We stopped going there for lunch because of those issues.

I have not been on a weekend or at night, so maybe things are different.

longwatch

imported post

Well the meetup went well, the only hitch being that Champps was a bit to crowded. So we went over to Sine across from Champps. 6 folks showed up, 5 open carrying, no problems at all.

XD Owner

imported post

Longwatch - Thanks for setting up the lunch. It was great meeting you, Tess and the others. Hope to do it again some time, but it will probably be a while since I am going back to Kuwait later this week.

See you again on the fora. :cool:

XD Owner

possumboy

imported post

XD Owner wrote:
Longwatch - Thanks for setting up the lunch. It was great meeting you, Tess and the others. Hope to do it again some time, but it will probably be a while since I am going back to Kuwait later this week.

See you again on the fora. :cool:

XD Owner
XD Owner, if no one else says it, thanks for your service and good luck in Kuwait.

IonEngine

imported post

I would have been there with my wife had we known where everyone ended up, we went to Champps (got there about 12;45)and then I got the message on my phone about it being too crowded, I called back and left a few messages with one of the other members that attended, but only got the voice mail service and left a few messages and got no returns.

longwatch

imported post

Aw sorry about that we must have missed you by just a minute or two. If its any consolation there will be another meetup soon, and the VCDL meeting on the 16th. Next time I or whoever wants to organize should PM their number to everyone.