Thread: Tucker Gunleather Holster

Post imported post

I just wanted to pass on my happiness with Tucker Gunleather. I am purchasing my second Cover Up from Tucker Gunleather, for my new HK P2000 for several reasons, but most of all is the excellent hadncrafted product Rob delivers. My first holster was for the Walther P99 Compact and I had difficulty finding other businesses that would even make one for it. Then I was referred there by a friend on packing.org and although my gun was not listed, Rob went the extra mile and made one for my particular model. The holster itself is perfect, fully adjustable for height and cant and makes carrying my gun, dare I say it, comfortable! The kydex clips are a Godsend, if you're on the fence and thinking about a new holster, hesitate no longer, his is a fantastic product. I cannot say enough about the holster, and knowing that Rob himself is responsible from order to shipping gives peace of mind that you cannot get from other retailers. I will do business with Rob again and again. You really cannot go wrong. While I chose an IWB holster, there are plenty of open carry rigs that he makes, and I would like to see the "little guy" (small business) get some business for a job well done.

Any other small businesses that packers have had success with? Any businesses that packers should stay away from for gun accessories?

Jackie Treehorn

Post imported post

jackie treehorn wrote:
    I just wanted to pass on my happiness with Tucker Gunleather. I am purchasing my second Cover Up from Tucker Gunleather, for my new HK P2000 for several reasons, but most of all is the excellent hadncrafted product Rob delivers. My first holster was for the Walther P99 Compact and I had difficulty finding other businesses that would even make one for it. Then I was referred there by a friend on packing.org and although my gun was not listed, Rob went the extra mile and made one for my particular model.
    The holster itself is perfect, fully adjustable for height and cant and makes carrying my gun, dare I say it, comfortable! The kydex clips are a Godsend, if you're on the fence and thinking about a new holster, hesitate no longer, his is a fantastic product. I cannot say enough about the holster, and knowing that Rob himself is responsible from order to shipping gives peace of mind that you cannot get from other retailers.
    I will do business with Rob again and again. You really cannot go wrong. While I chose an IWB holster, there are plenty of open carry rigs that he makes, and I would like to see the "little guy" (small business) get some business for a job well done.

Any other small businesses that packers have had success with? Any businesses that packers should stay away from for gun accessories?

Jackie Treehorn

Jackie,

Thanks for the very kind words. Please visit my blog when you have a chance.

www.TuckerGunleather.com

Rob

Post imported post

The first HF-1 I bought was a direct result of Virginia's ban on concealed carry in restaurants.

Thinking we had a reasonable chance of overturning that law this last session, I said, "If the legislature doesn't reverse the ban on concealed carry, I am going to start open carrying in real style."

I'd already fallen in lust with the HF-1 in black cherry on the Tucker site, so, when the restaurant ban was not eliminated...

As a matter of fact, I'll probably wear it to the gun show today.

Freedom has a taste to those who fight and almost die, that the protected will never know.

Post imported post

Wow! That's a nice holster. Enjoy the gun show, and please give a report about the show, what you liked and didn't about it and what you brought home [img]images/emoticons/lol.gif[/img]

Jackie Treehorn

Post imported post

Hi Jackie, thanks for the holster comment. I debated whether to go with the G20 holster or a 1911. The 1911 looks so natural in it.

Since I carry the G20 or G29 most days...I took a chance. A Glock in fine piece of leather... Rob assured me that the G20 would look good.

I've had several local police officers come up and ask about the holster. I keep forgetting to remind Rob to send me some of his business cards...ROB!!!!!

It's the pre-holiday C&E show today, so I expect it to be busy. Wish I'd gone yesterday. Looking for 10mm and .223ammo, AR mags, maybe a rail system for the AR... Early Christmas.

Oh, I did eventually get another Tucker HF-1 for my 1911s, same configuration but black...

Freedom has a taste to those who fight and almost die, that the protected will never know.

Post imported post

That is one beautiful holster! To nice to conceal.

Post imported post

+1 on the too nice to conceal.

Enjoy the show! Any other pics of some good holsters, Tucker or otherwise?

Post imported post

That there is downright beautiful!!!!!

I now know why I have been wanting one for some time now, just need to muster a few more dollars...

Did you debate between drk. cherry and drk brown at all? Or was it a clean cut choice. The reason I ask is because I don't know how the drk. cherry would look with every day dress.

Matt

Post imported post

More eye candy.

Post imported post

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Umm.. Wow. I'd better stop looking or I'll buy one in each color.

I promise Rob, my order will come, not today, but it will come,just maybe only one color for now.

Matt

Post imported post

hlh wrote:
    practicing extreme restraint...
    I did also, by not going

Post imported post

mattjohnston87 wrote:
    That there is downright beautiful!!!!!

I now know why I have been wanting one for some time now, just need to muster a few more dollars...

Did you debate between drk. cherry and drk brown at all? Or was it a clean cut choice. The reason I ask is because I don't know how the drk. cherry would look with every day dress.

Matt
    No, Matt, no debate. I just like the dark cherry. Understand that dark cherry may be lighter or darker depending on the hide being used. (Am I doing okay Rob?) Mine looks good with greys and navy and, of course tans... If you wear dark, dark greys, and black, get it in black.

OR, get one of each to match your various wardrobes. There is a plain black, no concho in the future for my G20. Low key open carry with dark grey pants, dark shirt.

Oh, at the gun show today, a few comments, all favorable as to finish and quality. Even one of the custom holster makers complimented the tooling.

Keep saving, because there are more quality open carry holsters at Tuckers that will draw you in.

Post imported post

Compact Pancake, Med. Brown.

Post imported post

SEE!!!!!

Post imported post

But this is calling my name

Rob, doyou happen to know what color she is?It looks like Drk. Cherry to me.

Matt Johnston

Post imported post

See the picture you posted.

Post imported post

Ya, I opened my mouth before I looked around.

And I knew that picture was on your site, looked at it many times....

But thanks for posting it anyway!

Matt

Post imported post

It's Black Cherry for sure.