• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tacoma

adamwa

imported post

Bulls Eye Shooter Gun shop/range in Tacoma had one of the employees tell me open carry wasn't legal. I showed her the federal way bulletin and explained to her some of the law, and how I haven’t had any problems. I just wish she had the holster I wanted. Great Gun Range/Shop, and they never mind when I carry open.

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Good educational opportunity there, real good because that employee will have a chance to tell other gun owners and you killed a bit of gun shop BS.

Gray Peterson

imported post

Btw, this is the second time that they've been educated. You said a lady, the person I showed that bulletin too was a guy. Of course, the same guy said "Given the way things have been going lately someone would probably just shoot you saying that they feared for their life by you open carrying".

To which I responded: "I guess I'll have to keep my life insurance paid up". The look on his face was classic.

Anubis

imported post

Were the aforementioned gun shop employees openly carrying while they alleged it was illegal?

Around here every gunshop employee carries openly, just as gun department employees in local sporting goodsstoresdo not.

Gray Peterson

imported post

(a) Any act committed by a person while in his or her place of abode or fixed place of business;

This *MIGHT* exempt them from any possible 270 violation anyway. However, the Oregon Supreme Court (granted, we are talking about Washington, but we've seem the Supreme Courts of each state reference each other on occasion) defined "his or her "fixed place of business" as their own business, not just as an employee.