Thread: I took the Plunge - Bought a .45

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Just picked up a S&W 4513TSW. I had to do it. Now my 3913 has a sibling ( as do all the restin the "family")

Post imported post

I bought my 1st .45 a few weeks ago. Taurus Millenium Pro. Its been seeing more carry time than the 340 PD. I really like it..I thought for sure i would trade it in when the XD subcompact .45 becomes available, but I think I'll just keep this. Nice gun, big holes.

State Researcher

Post imported post

reefteach wrote:
    I bought my 1st .45 a few weeks ago. Taurus Millenium Pro. Its been seeing more carry time than the 340 PD..
    I usually make my guns go threw more then 1k rds before I even think about carrying them. but good luck to u hope its very reliable.

I got my first .45acp when I was 13 still have it and damn is it about wore out. it has been retired to the display case. carry many 45's wont carry much anything else. sept my 9mm pocket rocket but that is mostly accompanyed by one of many 45's.

45acp best damn caliber ever made, no ifs and's or buts. enjoy!!

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Thanks, ya'll. I'll see how it goes. I saw it last week, while at the range, and really thought about it. As for a carry, I'll put a bunch through it before I'm sure that it's the one. It is used (my first used purchase), so it must be totally stripped and put back together. It seemed to be a good fit in my hands. Based on my 3913, I do like it. I will report back, next week.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Shot a box through the new .45, just to get used to it. Quite accurate, funtioned well & recoil was not bad. I'll put a bunch more through it and mix up the ammo to what I'd normally carry, before it goes live. Now, here we go with the new holster thing again.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Thanks, hlh. The 4513 shoots great and I'm happy with it. I guess that's what matters. I ordered a Don Hume Paddle H720 OT from Gunner's Alley.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

No control problem, whatsoever. I was surprised. Now, I was using the normal range ammo, which I believe was the Fiocchi 230 gr .45ACP ball ammo. I felt the difference, compared to the 9mm, but it was totally controlable. When I first started shooting the 3913, this spring, I had to get used to the recoil. Thats' probably why it took only about 6 shots to get this piece under control. I really like it!

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Yes, sir. Both are SA/DA, as is my Beretta92. The 92 was my first auto in 1991 and I've just been used to that type of function.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Here's the family