Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: November Postal Match

Founder's Club Member - Moderator longwatch's Avatar

Post imported post

Holiday themed for your shooting pleasure.

Rules: Contestants may enter multiple times but must use a different weapon for each set of targets.
    Weapons: Your open carry weapon, but the same weapon must be used for both courses of fire. This means just about any weapon, however if you use a rifle or PLR-16 or something reasonably implausible you must submit proof that you open carry it in public i.e. a picture of you carrying it outdoors and not at the range or hunting. This will be shared with the forum.
    Ammunition: Any except birdshot shotshells but a plus 1 point bonus for using your previously stated defensive carry ammunition. The same ammunition must be used for both courses of fire.
    Course of fire:

Stage 1: Enforce the guarantee
    Target: http://www.targetz.com/targetz-lib/20040.pdf
    Range: 5 yards
    Rounds fired: 12

Shoot the gnomes, shot holes inside or breaking the lines count as a hit. Shots breaking the nose will count as x's (bullseyes). A shot may only break one target, multiple hits on one target will count only once. You may only fire 12 shots on this target. More than 12 will be DQ'd.

Stage 2: Turkey shoot
    Target: http://www.remington.com/pdfs/turkeytarget.pdf
    Range: 15 yards
    Rounds fired 5
    Shoot the turkey, any shot hitting the turkey is a hit. A shot entirely inside the red circle is counted as an x (bullseye). Any more than 5 shots on the target and it will be DQ'd.

Scoring: Possible score for this match is 17. In the event of a tiebreaker x's will be counted. If there is still a tie, first submitter wins.

Submission: Email a scan or a clear life sized picture of your target to ocdo_postal_match@yahoo.com . Targets must have name, weapon, and ammunition type printed on them. Deadline is 12 noon November 20th.

Good luck please let me know if you have any questions.

Post imported post

If you have an intention of participating let me know here.

Post imported post

I'm In!

Post imported post

I intend to submit.

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

I plan to enter.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Post imported post

Count me in!

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

I'll be there, too.

State Researcher

Post imported post

plan's for the camping trip have fallen threw, tho I am still gonna go shooting on sunday.

i.e. Im in

Post imported post

I'll participate! I'm still somewhat a 'rookie' with handguns, so don't laugh at my submissions, hehe. Irecently sold my Astra 960 forwhich Ihad a holster, but I did not carry that with me anyway, and amstill looking for a holster for my SIG 239 that I can use for either open or concealed carry(if I can find one that is). I have not gotten my concealed permit yet so I have no choice but to open carry when it's not in the case.

Anthony

Post imported post

A SIG 239 is fine, even if you haven't been able to OC yet. Since you are in NOVA I would try either Shooters Paradise or Virginia Arms for a holster.

Post imported post

I'll be shooting these this afternoon!

Arizonatexan

Post imported post

We're in (the wife and me)!

Arizonatexan

Post imported post

longwatch wrote:
    A SIG 239 is fine, even if you haven't been able to OC yet. Since you are in NOVA I would try either Shooters Paradise or Virginia Arms for a holster.
    Funny you should mention first exactly where I planned on going! I have a membership to Shooters...but as far as holsters they a lot, but 90% are the exspensive Galco's.

Post imported post

IonEngine wrote:
    longwatch wrote:
    Funny you should mention first exactly where I planned on going! I have a membership to Shooters...but as far as holsters they a lot, but 90% are the exspensive Galco's.
    You will find mostly Galco and Virginia Arms also and Guns and Ammo Warehouse in Manassas. Though any of them probably have an Uncle Mikes for 20 bucks if that's what you are looking for. Or wait until the Chantilly gun show next month.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

Post imported post

IonEngine wrote:
    longwatch wrote:
    I got my holster at a gun show and it was a lot cheaper than I paid for my dad's at a shop (I did get him a Galco).

I also have a membership at Shooter's. Maybe a Shooter's day?

Post imported post

I got my holster at a gun show and it was a lot cheaper than I paid for my dad's at a shop (I did get him a Galco).

I also have a membership at Shooter's. Maybe a Shooter's day?
    I'll be there around 4PM if anyone else was going (Shooter's)

Post imported post

I often find it is well worth it to spend the money on a good holster. Rarely are there good holsters for a low price.

Post imported post

I'm in! I'll have to do my shooting this coming weekend.

IonEngine wrote:
    I'll participate! I'm still somewhat a 'rookie' with handguns, so don't laugh at my submissions, hehe. Irecently sold my Astra 960 forwhich Ihad a holster, but I did not carry that with me anyway, and amstill looking for a holster for my SIG 239 that I can use for either open or concealed carry (if I can find one that is). I have not gotten my concealed permit yet so I have no choice but to open carry when it's not in the case.

Anthony
    Anthony, welcome...

The Sig P239 is certainly sufficient for precise shooting at the ranges expected here... I will be doing the challenge twice, with my own P239 (.357sig) along with my XD-45.

A good holster is very important... I carry my 239 in a Don Hume 721 O.T.

Get a good, reinforcedgun-belt too!

molonlabetn

Post imported post

Hopefully going to the range Wednesday. Will submit shortly thereafter if this materializes.

Post imported post

I am going to try to make the deadline.

I shot the gnome targets at the range today. I did horrible! Only three gnomes took a hit. I shot from 50' instead of 15'. Back to the range. Those gnomes get awfully small and fuzzy at 50' with my vision.

Post imported post

If a Gnome and a Turkey ever team up and attack me, I'm in BIG trouble!!!! The turkey target isn't too bad but I'm having a hard time with with Gnomes......I think I can blame my wife cause as I was leaving for the range she yells........You're not gonna shoot at those cute little Gnomes on those papers are you?!?!?!?! Has anyone submitted any targets?

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Sounds like the lightbulbs. I felt like just throwing the rounds at the target. If I don't get there today, it'll be the middle of next week.

Post imported post

I only have IonEngines submission in so far. There are still 2 weekends to do the match so get on the range people. Don't be discouraged by your score, this contest is supposed to be hard and if it doesn't take you out of your comfort zone you must be an olympic level pistolero.

Post imported post

longwatch wrote:
    I only have IonEngines submission in so far. There are still 2 weekends to do the match so get on the range people. Don't be discouraged by your score, this contest is supposed to be hard and if it doesn't take you out of your comfort zone you must be an olympic level pistolero.

You'll have my 2-entriesby next Sunday. I forgot to bring a box of Double-Tap .357sig and .45gap with me last weekend ... I'm going for that extra point, heh.

I'll probably shoot-up all of my G.A.P ammo, since I told them last weekend that I would be trading in my XD-45gap Bi-Tone5" Tacticalforthe XD-45acp Bi-Tone 4" Servicenext time they saw me. So, ironically, this competition will probably be the final time that I shoot it...

molonlabetn

Edit: Had to change to 'next' Sunday (the 19th), I got hooked into helping plan my wedding this weekend . I know, I know... "How could that be more important than shooting?!" Sigh...

Post imported post

I still haven't gotten out to the range. School and work are taking up most of my time. I will try to make some time next week

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast