• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

November Postal Match

bayboy42

imported post

If a Gnome and a Turkey ever team up and attack me, I'm in BIG trouble!!!! The turkey target isn't too bad but I'm having a hard time with with Gnomes:cuss:......I think I can blame my wife cause as I was leaving for the range she yells........You're not gonna shoot at those cute little Gnomes on those papers are you?!?!?!?!:D Has anyone submitted any targets?

DoubleR

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Sounds like the lightbulbs. I felt like just throwing the rounds at the target:banghead:. If I don't get there today, it'll be the middle of next week.

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

I only have IonEngines submission in so far. There are still 2 weekends to do the match so get on the range people. Don't be discouraged by your score, this contest is supposed to be hard and if it doesn't take you out of your comfort zone you must be an olympic level pistolero.

molonlabetn

imported post

longwatch wrote:
I only have IonEngines submission in so far. There are still 2 weekends to do the match so get on the range people. Don't be discouraged by your score, this contest is supposed to be hard and if it doesn't take you out of your comfort zone you must be an olympic level pistolero.

You'll have my 2-entriesby next Sunday. I forgot to bring a box of Double-Tap .357sig and .45gap with me last weekend :uhoh:... I'm going for that extra point, heh.

I'll probably shoot-up all of my G.A.P ammo, since I told them last weekend that I would be trading in my XD-45gap Bi-Tone5" Tacticalforthe XD-45acp Bi-Tone 4" Servicenext time they saw me. So, ironically, this competition will probably be the final time that I shoot it...

molonlabetn

Edit: Had to change to 'next' Sunday (the 19th), I got hooked into helping plan my wedding this weekend :banghead:. I know, I know... "How could that be more important than shooting?!" Sigh...

DoubleR

Campaign Veteran
imported post

OK, all. I've sent my "Targetz" to longwatch. Who's next? I shot my 9mm and my new 45. In my e-mail to longwatch, I mentioned thatmy carry ammo seemed to be more accurate that my target ammo. I only submitted my target ammo, this time. Next time, watch out! :cool:

badmonkey

imported post

Well I went to the range and low and behold, deer hunters. There was about 25 people there with their deer rifles, sighting them in for next week, and no where left to shoot. Waited about 30 min to no avail. Went home. Will make sure to get in on it next time....figures, when i actually get a chance to go shoot, theres nowhere to shoot.:banghead:

longwatch

imported post

Well we got a contest now, we need a few more people to contribute to make it more interesting. Remember you can't win if you don't play. Monday is the deadline but you still have the weekend to shoot 17 rounds.

TEX1N

imported post

I didn't think I was going to have time to make it, but I did!

Those gnomes were kind of a pain. The turkey was not as bad, I was justhaving a bad day from the 15 yarder. But all-in-all it was fun.

(BTW: longwatch, I did not use my carry ammo.)

longwatch

imported post

Tess and TEX1N, I have your entries. Unless I have any late entries results should be posted shortly after noon tommorrow.

longwatch

imported post

Alright everyone, the results are final. The winner is Lockman with a score of 17,3x using a S&W Model 57 .41 magnum firing 210gr. JHP, so he was also the only person receiving the ammo bonus.

The scoring is a follows:
Weapon Ammo Stage1 S1x Stage2 S2x Bonus Total
1. Lockman S&W 57 .41Mag JHP 11 1 5 2 1 17
2. Double R S&W 3913 9mmL FMJ 9 1 5 1 0 14
3. TEX1N SA 1911 .45ACP FMJ 8 0 3 0 0 11
3. TEX1N SA XD SC 9mmL FMJ 7 0 4 0 0 11
4. Tess Bersa Thunder .380ACP FMJ 7 0 4 0 0 11
5. Double R S&W 4513 .45ACP FMJ 6 2 4 3 0 10
6. IonEngine SIG 239 9mmL FMJ 8 1 1 0 0 9

Just to explain why TEX1N and Tess weren't tied with equal scores, I recieved TEX1N entries first so he ties himself but also beat Tess by 16 hours.

DoubleR

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Thanks for the November Postal Match, longwatch. I'm sure thateveryone enjoyed it and I look forward to the next one. I'm using the "Good Stuff" :cool:next time. Have a Happy Thanksgiving.

Double-R

bayboy42

imported post

Congratulations to you all!!! Now I know who to call if those Gnomes and Turkeys come after me :D To keep things moving along, I vote the winner designs the next match :question:

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Thanks for your time putting this together, Longwatch.

I insist I'll do better at the next one - and since I may have just bought my new OC gun, I'll have to keep practicing. I bought a .40 semiautomatic, which may become OC while I keep the .380 for CC.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Thanks for your time putting this together, Longwatch.

I insist I'll do better at the next one - and since I may have just bought my new OC gun, I'll have to keep practicing. I bought a .40 semiautomatic, which may become OC while I keep the .380 for CC.

lockman

State Researcher
imported post

I had the range all to myself which helped a lot. When the guy/gal next to me blasts away just a few milliseconds sooner than I do, I tend to throw them a few more inches either way. I need at lot of under-fire practice. That could hit the gnome two places over though.:lol:

I did notice I am the only revolver.

Thanks Longwatch for your time and look forward to the next one.