Thread: blackhawk holster failure

Post imported post

I carry a glock 23 and use a Blackhawk serpa holster. It has been great from day one, only about a month though. I went out to take my dog on a walk tonight and put on some gloves because its getting quite cold here in NV. I though I outta make sure I could still draw the gun with the gloves on. I then realized that the gun wasn't even being held in by the holster. It just slips in and out, I have tried to adjust the tightness of the holster to no avail. It seems like the autolock part is missing a spring, or something like that, but I'm not sure if it even uses a spring. Any help would be appreciated!

Post imported post

I've heard tell of acouple of the earlier SERPA holsters which had issues with the retention lever... It wasn't especially common though.Itis likelythe spring in the mechanism which has yielded. Best bet would be to contact Blackhawk:

BlackHawk Products Group
    4850 Brookside Ct

Norfolk, VA 23502 U.S.A.

757.436.3101 TEL
    Maybe they can send you another spring with installation instructions, or replace the holster.

molonlabetn

Post imported post

molonlabetn wrote:
    I've heard tell of acouple of the earlier SERPA holsters which had issues with the retention lever... It wasn't especially common though.Itis likelythe spring in the mechanism which has yielded. Best bet would be to contact Blackhawk:

BlackHawk Products Group
    4850 Brookside Ct

Norfolk, VA 23502 U.S.A.

757.436.3101 TEL
    Maybe they can send you another spring with installation instructions, or replace the holster.

molonlabetn
    Thanks!! I just called them and they were actually quite helpful. I am out of my 30 day return policy by 2 days so I'm going to try and return it to the place I bought it. Fingers crossed lol