• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Poll!

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Hit it hard. Its on the bottom right of the page.
http://www.newsleader.com/apps/pbcs.dll/frontpage
POLL Do you think walking into a restaurant or other business openly carrying a firearm is a proper expression of Second Amendment rights or just in-your-face NRA confrontationalism?

tinystat

Votes cast 90

DKSuddeth

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

My letter to the editor, not that they'll want to print a pro gun letter.
People who are 'squeamish' or 'uncomfortable' around the open carrying of guns in Virginia need to understand one simple thing. This is YOUR right, not just everyone elses. YOU have the right to carry a gun for the protection of your family or yourself. If you choose to avoid the responsibility of providing for your own protection and wish to rely on police protection, realize that you could be waiting for your protection to arrive for up to 20 minutes or more. Can your children survive for that long if you decide to not carry your own gun? Do not fall in to the trap that the gun control groups have laid for you, to trick you in to thinking you are not capable of providing protection for your family, that you must dial 911 and let professionals handle it. You must remember that the police will always place their own safety above that of your family. Are the lives of your children worth that wait?