• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Unarmed in Maryland

VAopencarry

imported post

Not exactly a self defense story but lack of the neccessary tools for such.

I am up in Baltimore County,unarmed of course, last night picking up my step daughter for the weekend. Standing in the dining room talking with her and her brother(15yo&23 respectively). Their house sits on a corner of a main single lane road and a residential street. Long story short, all hell starts breaking loose at the intersection.

Looked like an episode of COPS or a restaurant in Staunton, VA if you open carry and use the restroom:). I step outside thinking it's an accident. Minivan is diagonal pointing down the residential st., from the main road. In a matter of seconds many, many police cars come screeching in. LEO are running everywhere. One guy is on the ground and another is running through the front yard!!

Armed robbers, nice.......

You never know when and where stuff is going to happen. Of course the thought of being striped of my basic human rights in Maryland certainly hit home last night. God Bless Virginia!

reefteach

imported post

My first time carrying a firearm in public was to pick up furniture. WhenI arrived at the store, I noticed police cars surrounding a bank in the shopping center. A bank robbery had just occured, with the suspects still at large. I had to wait in a dark, urine smelling alley/ loading dock for the furniture. I realized then, first hand, what the "better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it" mantra is about. Take a gun to pick up furniture? Heck ya.