• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Security Jobs

Jugrnt

imported post

Just wondering if there are any people on here who are in the Armed Services field of work, besides military and law enforcement. Something more along the lines of a armored car bank driver or something simular.

I would like some feedback from the people in this field and/or some advise from everyone. I'm currently lookin for a part time job and I think an armed services would suit me well.

I'm sure i'll have to get certified for armed security so i was also wondering how i go about persuing that.

thanks everyone for your help.

razorblade

imported post

I'm not in armored security, but I did have to get a Virginia DCJA registration for my last job. From what people tell me (around the campfire stuff) anykind of security work, whether it's armored car, maning a front desk, or guarding a water spigot in the desert gets pretty routine. Even if it's shift work, you clock in, do whatever the Corporal of the Guard (or whomever is incharge for the evening) has assigned for you to do, clock out and that's it. A guy I knew a while back was doing part time security as well, he had to man a desk (a lucite table with fold up legs) in the lobby of an office building. The building contained several trade schools (massage therapy, business marketing, cosmotology, etc) that had classes that extended well past 10PM. Anyways, he'd sit in the lobby, alone, with a newspaper or textbook (he was full time at NOVA), and occasionally walked the female students to their cars if they parked near the unlit end of the parking lot. He made 8 bucks an hour. If you plan on doing this to kill time, it's not a bad job, especially if you went to school during the day. The company he worked for rotate their guards, and three months later he was assigned a post guarding a construction site at night. He'd bitch every now and again about his relief coming 30-50 minutes late and how he had to stand around and cover for them until they arrived. But there are $#itbags where ever you go, so don't let that discourage you. And VAopencarry is right, just open a newspaper and you'll find a ton of job openings.

Jugrnt

imported post

i never thought of lookin in the paper guys, but thanx anyways. yea i am really lookin for a chill (boring) if you want to call it kinda security job, simply because my full time job is can easily become stressful.