• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

november tidewater get together

JacquisPoni

imported post

Desertdoc wrote:
Well Jackie...welcome to OCDO. I look forward to shooting with ya.... :)
Mission accomplished Ammo has been located and should arrive early next week... I will let you know when it gets here. Good chatting with you today:D

D

Desertdoc

imported post

Wow...Jackie.. it was the first time i sat down and looked for ammo for that 6.8. Now i dont feel bad about the $130 i just spent on my ammo.

D

Desertdoc

imported post

Just wondering who is going to make it out tomorrow night. I look forward to seeing all of you.

DeerForce1

imported post

:uhoh:I just remembered tommorrow night is my anniversary.:what: My Mom is going to keep the kids &me & my wife aregoing to go out by ourselves for the first time in who knows how many years.:D I don't think it's going to go over very well if i go out with the guys instead of my wife.:(

Any idea where you might be going yet? If i know where ya'll will be we might stop by & say hello.

I'll try again for next month......................................................................DF1

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Jeez, man, where are your priorities?! Anniversaries come and go; our dinner meetings are the stuff of legends!

(sarcasm off)

D

Desertdoc

imported post

kimbercarrier wrote:
How do you get to pembroke mall from hampton?

Here is the address so you can mapquest it.

4592 VIRGINIA BEACH BLVD
VIRGINIA BEACH, VA 23462

DeerForce1

imported post

I hope everyone who made it to the meeting tonight had a good time. I didn't make it but that didn't stop me from OCing from 1 end of Town Center to the other as well as to Chris Ruths for me & my wifes anniversary.:dude:

My wife had picked out a button up & tuck in shirt for me to wear. She walked in the bedroom while i was getting dressed & saw my XD-40 on my belt& said " Well i guess we'll find out if their gun friendly". I told her i meant to talk to her about that & the worst they could do is ask us to leave or remove the firearm. She said "well there's plenty of other places to eat around there if they have a problem with it". Man i knew i loved her for some reason. She was willing to walk out on our special anniversary dinner if they had a problem with my firearm. :D

My Mom kept the kids so we could go out by ourselves for the first time in years. I love my kids but a nice peaceful, quiet dinner with just me, my wife & my XD was unbelieveable.:dude:

We were there for almost 2 1/2 hours & either noone noticed or noone cared. I didn't try to hide anything either. I was sitting strong side to the open aisle & we walked to the far end of the resturaunt to get to our table so i had alot of exposure.:cool:

Overall the service could not get any better & we both got the Cowboy cut ribeye & both thought it was just about the best steak ever & we could not have asked forthe soup, salad & side dishes to be any better. The price on the other hand reflected the quality. Let's just say that i once sold a car for less than the cost of dinner.:what:

I hope to see you guys next month but right now the kids just went to bed & i'm going to go spend some more quiet time with my lovely wife...............................................................................................DF1

D

Desertdoc

imported post

Im am glad that you had a good time with the wife. As always we missed your company. We have set the next meeting for the second Thursday in Dec. WE all figured this way it would not interfere with the holiday plans. We are looking at a meeting place in the Hampton area since all of the tidewater meetings have been on this side. It is only fair to our out of towner's. I hope everyone can make it to the next get together. Now we just need some suggestions for a place.