• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

november tidewater get together

D

Desertdoc

imported post

At the last get together we talked about the 9th or 16th. If anyone can remind me which date was set, please do. We had a better turn out at Pembrook mall area so i believe we talked about going back that way. Meeting up at the bank parking lot was easy and worked for most people.

OBXMIKE

imported post

Ditto here. Unable to make the prior dates b/c work schedule, but would love to meet up if I can. I work in Norfolk, live in NC.

kimbercarrier

Campaign Veteran
imported post

i'm not as familar with norfolk but if you discussed a resturant already i'm open to suggestions, we can do norfolk or peninsula as long as we can get together.

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

DesertDoc and I were the only "regulars" at the last get together, and we decided to make the next one on Thursday the 16th.

I'd encourage you guys from the peninsula to meet with us in Norfolk. Pembroke Mall is easy to get to, and its easy to spot eight or ten armed guys milling around next to BB&T bank. I'm from Yorktown, so if I keep coming back, it must be fun, right?

If enough of us from the peninsula start showing up, we could start having some dinners together on this side. I know there are more of you out there.......

D

Desertdoc

imported post

That is right, it was the 16th. BBT Bank parking lot at say 7:00ish or 1900 to us normal people :lol:. There are a number of restaurants in the area that we have not tired. I hope everyone is able to mark this on their calenders early and that we have a much better turn out.

4592 VIRGINIA BEACH BLVD
VIRGINIA BEACH, VA

This should be the address to the bank. It at Pembroke mall

DeerForce1

imported post

I made it to the first get together but missed the last 2 due to last minute changesin either mine or my wifes work schedules.

I'm planning on being there form the next one.....................................................DF1

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

You don't need to be a member; this is just a social get together. Still, I can't imagine why you wouldn't join VCDL. After the election it is probably more important than ever.

D

Desertdoc

imported post

JacquisPoni wrote:
I was just told about this site and read about the dinner, do you need to be a member of VCDL for this?

Thanks
How do you like red robin? (inside joke)

JacquisPoni

imported post

Dutch Uncle wrote:
You don't need to be a member; this is just a social get together. Still, I can't imagine why you wouldn't join VCDL. After the election it is probably more important than ever.
I moved and forgot to renew my VCDL membership..must get on the ball for that one

D

Desertdoc

imported post

Well Jackie...welcome to OCDO. I look forward to shooting with ya.... :)