• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun Shops in King George's County

darrel_h

imported post

All, i have a friend that just moved to king george's county and is looking for a good shop in that area, or perhaps the fredricksburg area. does anyone have any ideas for him? thanks.

TFred

I have just heard that a new gun store is in the works in King George, at the corner of Routes 301 and 205, in the former King George Pharmacy building.

Anyone know any details?

TFred

TFred

Today was opening day for Big Dog Outfitters. Stopped by on my way home from work.

I haven't been to very many brand new gun shops but I suppose this was probably typical, with the possibility of looking better for the future.

Good sized retail space, very open. For a new store, they seemed to have a basic selection of shotguns and sporting rifles. Handguns a little thin, perhaps. Accessories also a bit thin.

Guy behind the counter said they had a fairly busy day, I expect a lot of first-day lookers like me.

I didn't do too much pricing. Friend of mine said they were in the "typical" range.

TFred