• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Moveing

Yep

imported post

From one county to another. What is the process of changing addys on carry permit ? Thanks

TEX1N

imported post

This is from the VA State Police website:

The address on my Resident Concealed Handgun Permit is no longer correct. Is my permit still valid?
Yes. Virginia Code Section 18.2-308, which governs the issuance of resident concealed handgun permits, makes no provisions for changes of address. A permit once issued remains valid until the expiration date is met, or upon suspension or revocation, regardless of the change of address.
But like Mike said, this could change once the lifetime permits take effect in July of 2007.

BTW, welcome to OCDO!

Yep

imported post

Thanks for the help. Had been wondering since my address on my drivers license will change.

TEX1N

imported post

It shouldn't be a problem. Although, if you ever carry in another state on your VA CHP,I would recommend printing a copy of the VA State page and carrying it with you. It could help to keep some out-of-state cop from freaking because your addresses don't match.