• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

ClipDraw?

Erus

imported post

Anyone have any real life experience with this device:?

http://www.clipdraw.com/

I am thinking seriously about getting one for ease and size for carrying my Fullsize 1911.

Seems I can either IWB SS or even OWB butt forward SS if I choose and it sure would reduce the amount of STUFF on my belt line.. (which is already far to wide to add any more than a minimum...

Seems it's either this or a belt slide type (with F.B.I.? <forward rake> angle) at about 4 o'clock SS.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,

E

badmonkey

imported post

Sorry I posted without reading lol. You said 1911, I know if the hammer isnt back it can't fire. My bad. If you don't have any apprehensions about it then it seems like it could work for you. Sorry for my first post :D

Erus

imported post

NO apology need BadMonkey.. I generally carry it cocked and locked, and I had some of the same concerns.... it's an IWB device generally (looking anyway) and I am not sure that my safety would NEVER click off in use, thereby leaving the open trigger in my pants... I carry in a Bianchi UM84 for the field, (with thumb break, but also have the flap cover if in heavier terrain) and when the piece is "loose" in my truck, it just seems too "para" for daily round town wear..

Since posting, and looking at others' posts regarding daily OC, I am more inclined to a paddle or belt slide.. was/am still just kinda curious bout this little clip.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Erus